Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Another Volcanic Eruption Imminent at Mt. St. Helens?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by therookielot, May 19, 2016.

1. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I lived in Yakima, WA for a summer, and it was crazy to see Adams/St. Helens/Rainier over the mountain ridge and know how destructive they were. It was the 20th anny of the eruption and the newspaper/local news did a huge story on life in Yakima afterwards. The people I knew in town talked about it like it was like watching snow from the sky there was so much ash.

The more terrifying thing was the special they did on how Rainier erupting could kill up to a million people in the SeaTac area.

3. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

That's nuts. My friend lives about an hour from the Mt. Rainer. She'll be in Illinois this weekend tho.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bring on the Yellowstone eruption. Hell on Earth!

slimfenix182 likes this.
  5. TheWater(s) May 19, 2016
    (Last edited: May 19, 2016)
    TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I bought my dog in Yakima/have friends there. Also dudes from Yakima deliver to me every day and are the worst. Yakima SUCKSSSS though.

Also way to scare me bc if Rainier erupts I'm super fucked.

6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

I work and live downtown/waterfront. I'm pretty much fucked when the big one hits, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheWater(s) likes this.
  7. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I really liked it while I was there. But I liked Seattle way more, too.

8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I thought I read somewhere that this is a normal occurrence and doesn't mean another eruption is around the corner. The same thing recently happened under Mount Hood.

I didn't read the article you posted so my bad if I'm repeating info/spreading lies that THE GOVERNMENT HAS FED ME I AM NOT A ROBOT.