Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

ANOHNI - HOPELESSNESS (May 6, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Mar 9, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

pfffff i liked it on first listen, it's just been a grower even from that first positive listen for me. i even like obama now.
    violent men is still a hard listen because of the drop but everything else i absolutely adore now

2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Violent Men is so dope and has OPN's sticky fingers allllll over it

def top 5 for me, listen all the time

3. cwhit

The thing about OPN's stuff is that nothing (at least in my headphones) has actually been actually painful for me. I don't have a problem with the drop, more of the mix/master on that one part

4. If any of you get the chance to see the Hopelessness tour- go. I don't think I've ever been so moved by a live performance before (albeit I haven't been to a large amount). Like the album, it forces you into a really uncomfortable place and doesn't give you any kind of resolution. You don't leave the show feeling happy or lightweight. I think just about everyone left with wet eyes or bowed heads. Her vocal performance was also just as shattering as it is on the album itself. The unreleased tracks don't feel like b-sides at all, Ricochet was probably the highlight of the show for me. I'm glad I heard it for the first time alongside the visual piece. The entire thing was just extremely raw and powerful.

I was also lucky enough to go and see Anohni do a talk with Lynette Walworth. That was also a really captivating experience and had me feeling about the same as the show did. Both women had some really interesting experiences and ideas, Anohni's being deeply rooted in Hopelessness.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Unreleased tracks?!

6. cwhit

yeah she's been playing more than just the album on all the live dates so far

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Idk why I just assumed anything else she was playing was Johnsons stuff. I hope we hear this stuff soonish.

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This still floors me every time and Drone Bomb Me is working its way to my favorite song of the year.

LWS likes this.
  9. radiodead

Trusted

Lol at people in this thread legit pissed at others opinions.

There are some good tracks.....and there are some that make me roll my eyes. It's ok I guess.

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I still haven't gotten over how good this is.

LWS likes this.
  11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

LWS likes this.
  12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

LWS likes this.
  13. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to this for the first time and I'm really impressed, never really heard anything that sounds like this before. I read through some of the discussion in this thread about the lyrics, and for what it's worth, I think they're really effective. The vocals are especially incredible.

Dominick likes this.
  14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

16. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

4 Degrees will probably be my song of the year. But I still don't really like this album. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I would never have expected her voice to be such a good fit with electronic stuff, but damn if this isn't the best I've heard from her.

18. cwhit

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Nick likes this.
  20. cwhit

brandon_260 likes this.
  21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]