Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Annika Norlin - Mentor (January 21, 2022)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jonasjaevel, Oct 28, 2021.

1. jonasjaevel Oct 28, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 28, 2021)
    jonasjaevel

Regular

It has been a couple of years since the swedish artist Annika Norlin released music. Now she is back with a double single, for the first time under her own name.

Annika Norlin is best known under her bands Hello Saferide and Säkert, who last released music in 2015 and 2018 respectively. Now she is releasing an album under her own name for the first time, and first out is the double single Hydra / Pengar.

- During the pandemic, I took it easy than I have done in a very long time. I started dreaming back in time, unusual for me who otherwise just wants to move forward. I dreamed of the time when I lived in Stockholm in the early 2000s. The song itself is about money, something much more general and bigger than Stockholm's small cultural and media world. But in all the small worlds in the world, it looks the same, and this is the feeling behind it, Norlin writes in a press release.

The album Mentor will be released at the beginning of next year and is a mix of Swedish and English.

- That it was half in Swedish and half in English is mostly due to the fact that I probably wrote lyrics in both languages for most of the songs, then I took what I thought was best. In the past, I have been driven by ideas: ‘Now I will make a record like this.’ This time there was no overall thought, rather a song by song feeling, a bit like a mixtape.

Today she released a dubble single:

St. Nate likes this.
  2. jonasjaevel

Regular

3. jonasjaevel

Regular