Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 80

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

came across a very good new manga series called destroy all humankind, they cant be regenerated which is drawn by yokota tamura who made two really great jump series (koganeiro and welcome to the competitive dance club). the series is a 90s period piece about the rivalry between an otaku and a popular girl whose rivarly comes to a head through magic the gathering, theres also a bigger plot about the end of the world and nostradamus' prophecy that the world would end in 1999. i think ive seen a couple of people here mention they play magic so this might be of some interest. its also neat because it has all of these japanese centric 90s references though there are some that feel kind of unnatural (like the mc pointing out that it took him an hour to print a map). its got good character work and an interesting premise so i highly recommend it if youre looking for something new and also if youre into manga and magic the gathering.

as for top 5 of the decade, to be fair i didnt watch too many things but id probably go with hxh, durarara, penguindrum, devilman, and the monogatari series.

SpyKi likes this.
  3. Josh Nov 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 26, 2019)
    I just realized that the "top ____ of the decade" bonanza is on. Here goes.

Best of the best
    Tatami Galaxy
    Ping Pong
    Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
    Madoka
    Penguindrum
    From the New World
    Your Name

Best of the rest
    Kill la Kill
    Devilman Crybaby
    Hero Academia
    Princess Jellyfish
    Yuru Camp
    Eccentric Family
    And Yet The Town Moves
    Shirobako
    Land of the Lustrous
    The Case of Hana & Alice
    Haikyuu
    Monogatari
    Chihayafuru

The newer seasons of Mushishi are definitely worth watching. They outshine the original imo.

4. CobraKidJon

just got my ticket to see promare tomorrow and I am hyped.

5. GBlades

Trusted

Let us know how it is, looks great!

6. CobraKidJon

promare was so sick wtf

I’ll have to give my thoughts later

Josh likes this.
  7. justin. Dec 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2019)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Makoto Shinkai’s 天気の子 is the 6th most talked about film of the year on Twitter. Wow.

E03E70DC-E5A5-4F26-8F58-8ED13B659BB9.jpeg

GBlades and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

My boyfriend sat me down to watch The Boy and the Beast, had been meaning to see it but hadn't gotten around, and damn shit was gorgeous in plenty of spots. And it went in places I didn't expect.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Bought my ticket to see Weathering for You at my local theater next month. It's only getting a few showings, but was surprised it was nearly sold out, so I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.

10. GBlades

Trusted

Really forward to this one!

11. CobraKidJon

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  12. Bane

The spiciest meme

Well now that the season is officially over and IMMEDIATELY announced at the end of the last episode that it's getting a second season I'm back to say: Beastars is fantastic and I strongly urge y'all to check it out once Netflix releases it from anime jail sometime in early 2020. It does some phenomenal stuff with CGI and incorporating other artstyles into various points, and the story and characters are so so good.

We have Deku and Tanjiro as the current precious cinnamon roll main protags, Legosi absolutely should complete that trifecta.

13. CobraKidJon

Funimation did a fan vote for anime of the decade and demon slayer won and everyone is raging which is pretty funny.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Crazy choice imo but like who cares, lol.

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I love Demon Slayer, I just got a Magic The Gathering playmat with Demon Slayer on it, but Demon Slayer is a bold (and wrong) choice. Choosing that just ignores the last 9 years of anime and that's a travesty.

16. CobraKidJon

I’m actually about to start it just because all my friends that I trust have talked about how good the show is.

I know it’s not the anime of the decade but fan polls always cause controversy and I love it lmao.

17. SpyKi

I've been trying to decide whether to watch the anime or read the manga. Not sure which one I'll enjoy more. Started both and still not sure lol

18. Bane

The spiciest meme

I watched it recently and honestly it didn't live up to the hype and acclaim it gets in my eyes BUT it's still a good show and like I said in my Beastars post, Tanjiro is a precious cinnamon roll. I was mostly disappointed with Zenitsu being kinda trash and Inosuke being kind of whatever to me.

19. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

[​IMG]

20. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i knew from the get go that people would eventually sour on demon slayer. wait til next year, demon slayer is gonna get trashed all over the place and jujtusu kaisen will be the hype shit. until 2021 when jujutsu kaisen gets backlash and chainsaw man is the new hotness. its neverending.

MFA likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean both Zenitsu and Inoskue are great so this is a weird post.

22. Bane

The spiciest meme

Inosuke is fine but I just expected more out of him based on all the memes and stuff I saw going around

Zenitsu, I'm just kind of over characters obsessing over and harassing women and his coward spiel got annoying pretty quickly. His backstory with the grandfather was fine but didn't totally make up for his other lesser qualities in my eyes

23. SpyKi

Finally started reading this! Enjoying it so far!

24. SpyKi

It's been almost exactly a year since this post and I've only just started reading it last night, ha.

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Pfffff wow that's wild, I totally forgot that lmao

Glad you're enjoying it so far!