Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

So I just found out the studio that animates/animated Pokemon/Pokemon the 1st Movie, Bee and Puppycat, a Tamagotchi anime and some random new Monster-Capture genre show Yo-Kai Watch, also animated Beserk.

Fucking BERSERK

You've got all these cutesy feel good shows about people and their pets and then suddenly fucking BERSERK

YOU KNOW THE ONE WHERE IT STARTS OFF WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER HAVING SEX WITH A WOMAN THEN SHE TURNS OUT TO BE A MONSTER AND HE KNEW SO HE KILLS IT WITH HIS GIGANTIC FUCKING SWORD

YOU KNOW, THAT BERSERK

I DON'T THINK THAT'S A FEEL GOOD FAMILY FUN SHOW, OLM INC

Dan O'Neill and Jacob Davidson like this.
  2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

wow thats actually fantastic

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think I might be done with Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress for now. The story's not really grabbing me and I don't like or care about any of the characters.

I'm still loving Kiznaiver though. Everything about it feels so well done.

4. I'm 15/26 episodes into Shirobako and enjoying it a lot. It might make my top 20 or 25.

Good to hear. I'm going to pick that up when it finishes airing.

5. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Ugh I'm back into One Piece at the Skypiea arc. I'm going in skipping filler.

6. SpyKi

I wish I'd done that because I hate having to wait a week for a new episode but now I don't want to wait for it to finish.

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I've become obsessed with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure lately, such a rad show.

Jacob Davidson likes this.
  8. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

You'd be surprised how many violent/booby shows OLM has worked on when compared to their children's series

9. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Started reading Boku no Hero Academia after watching the show. It's okay.

10. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Finished Parasyte last night. I enjoyed it overall, but didn't love it. Not sure what's next up for me. I started Ajin Demi Human a bit ago, so I might finish that one up.

11. Viva Sonata

Joker Game continues to deliver. Great episode.

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Weird, I've been interested in it. I think I'll start it soon.

13. Viva Sonata

It's probably the closest we'll get to an anime depicting Japan's involvement early on in World War II, especially in China and Korea. That alone deserves its own merit.

Its intrigue is clever without being lost on casual watchers and Production I.G. kills it on the production side.

lightning13 likes this.
  14. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Kiznaiver is my shit right now. It's the only highly recommended anime from this season that has really ensnared me. Joker Game is pretty good though.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

joker game is phenomenal. im a little apprehensive when it comes to episodic series but this really works to show the dofferent facets of japans involvement in wwii around the world. havent seen the episode that came out yesterday though.

also a coworker was trying to sell me on kanaberi and im a little inclined to watch it despite not liking aot

lightning13 likes this.
  16. I thought the early consensus was Kiznaiver sucked? People being impatient with it and going in with wrong expectations or something?

17. Emotherapy

Regular

Kiznaiver and Boku No Hero Academia have been the two shows I've been enjoying the most this season. Also Tanaka-kun is Always Listless is pretty good. I should really try out Joker Game.

18. SpyKi

That's the only thing I can think of. From what I saw there was a lot of people who were mad at what they assumed the show was going to be without discussing what was actually there. I've loved it from episode 1 though. Definitely my favorite new show this season.

19. SpyKi

I just started Hero Academia, watched the first two episodes and it seems like a fun show.

20. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Kiznaiver is really great, probably my fav of the season so far too

Boku No Hero Academia is such a good, fun shounen having read the manga. Characters are well developed and interesting, most of the abilities are pretty unique (and even when they're not unique they're utilised in a way that makes them interesting), good plot, solid villains who don't seem contrived (E.G. they're not villains in a world of superheroes just for the sake of being villains like you get sometimes), and great fights. Just all around a great read. I'd say it's pretty up there in terms of the shounen I've read

SpyKi likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I cancelled my subscription to crunchy roll a while back due to just not having a job at the time.

I started backed up using crunchyroll today and these terrible ads convinced me to re-subscribe immediately just so I don't have to see them again. They are geniuses.

22. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Man I didn't expect to get teary eyed watching One Punch Man but it happened.

lightning13 likes this.
  23. Viva Sonata

Mumen Rider?

SpyKi likes this.
  24. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

SpyKi, MFA and Viva Sonata like this.
  25. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is so well produced. The voice acting, sounds, and music combine to wonderful effect during the performance scenes.

Viva Sonata likes this.