Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 79

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

gurren lagann was so fun and I’m ready to watch kill la kill again

Josh, thenewmatthewperry and Henry like this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

watch Space Dandy.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

ITS ON THE LIST

I’m just going through random shows I remember watching

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Reading the new chapter of One Punch Man be like

[​IMG]

5. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Is anyone watching Babylon? The premise seems solid and I like seeing that is an adaptation of a short and completed work.

I watched the pilot of Psycho-Pass 3 and was pleased with how tight the writing was considering Tow Ubukata is back at the helm. I'm tentatively looking forward to the rest of the series. My main worry is about the Mentalist aspect of the show potentially going over the top. I'm always warm to writers who want to explore sensitive and empathetic characters but worry he won't offer a compelling development of the concept given how flashy he tends to handle things.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

my god, I cannot wait to see the latest chapter of OPM in anime for. Frickin awesome.

SpyKi likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I don't know if this is the right place but has anyone read Evangelion Anima? They're novels based on some alternate sequel to the anime series, I was just reading into it and it sounds fucking batshit. The first book just came out in English recently.

I assume it's not good based on some of the shit I've seen but I'm definitely curious

8. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Apparently it's some alt-future version where something that happens toward the end of the series doesnt in this story. I've seen the LN on like amazon but wasnt curious enough to check it out and given what you've said here, probably will continue that path haha

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think I'm going to check out the first volume. The art is actually pretty tight, and it sounds like the author is legit insane apparently they splice wolf DNA with an Eva and make a werewolf Eva unit? so it could be pretty fun.

It's licensed but not canon so it's not like it hurts anything, i hope.

10. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Please let me know your thoughts. If you like, I'll check out

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Makoto Shinkai’s new film ‘Weathering With You’ is playing in the US as “fan preview screenings” on January 15th and 16th. You can currently buy tickets for AMC theaters and tickets for other theaters go on sale November 15th.

thenewmatthewperry and Shakriel like this.
  12. GBlades

Trusted

Really looking forward to this one.

13. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Konosuba movie wasn’t bad. Basically just a longer episode of the show. If you enjoy the show you enjoy the movie.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Konosuba is the best.

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I will say there wasn’t nearly enough Aqua or Darkness. Very much a Megumin movie, not that that’s a bad thing.

16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Darkness best girl.

17. CobraKidJon

this wait to see promare has been brutal because all my friends have been hyped on it

thenewmatthewperry and SpyKi like this.
  18. thenewmatthewperry

I forgot how good Gundam Unicorn is.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got about 25 chapters in to Dr. Stone. Really loving it. Wasn't expecting to be this on board.

20. thenewmatthewperry

Yoko Kanno wrote a piece for the new emperor of Japan

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  21. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

dont know if anyone here has heard of it but the big new success in japan has been spy x family, its a very charming comedy about a fake family formed for the purpose of a top secret mission but everyone in the family has an interesting secret they keep from everyone else. its on the jump app and very much worth a read.

also jujutsu kaisen is a very good supernatural action series with great art and fantastic battle choreography. theres an imprtant announcement coming next issue and is likely to be an anime annoucement. if you wanna beat the hype now is the time to jump in.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  22. CobraKidJon

yoo maybe castlevania??

23. thenewmatthewperry

What are some of everyone's favorite anime of the decade?

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Hunter x Hunter, Madoka, Kill la Kill, Jojo, Food Wars, My Hero Academia, Kiznaiver

25. I stopped watching about five years ago, but my best friend tells me a lot of good stuff's come out in that time period. I still think 2011 is one of the best years of anime for the perfection trifecta that is Penguindrum, Madoka, and Steins;Gate. I did also love Kill La Kill. As far as the big series go I'm a season behind on AoT and OPM, and I haven't started Jojo or MHA. Also Mushishi, Steins;Gate, FMP, Digimon Adventure, and Code Geass all came back? Gosh I'm so behind.