Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 76

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Ahh, interesting. That's good to hear then that it might get to end on its own terms.

2. Bane

The spiciest meme

And some Jojo people voicing the main cast, I am so pumped I've been waiting so long for this

Raku and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Finished part 2 of Jojo. The Nazi stuff was so weird. Really excited to start part 3. Bummed I have to watch it with ads via Viz.

4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Saw someone reading Beastars in japanese on the train the other day.

Bane likes this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this is amazing and I love her

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Don't think I'm a big fan of the third Jojo arc. It's too long and kind of uninteresting.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I was completely blown back by the ending of the latest episode of Demon Slayer Kimetsu no Yaiba. The animation and music worked so wonderfully together that I just can't wait to see what else they have ready for us. There were parts that were a little hit or miss for me, but now that it's really getting into a groove and showing a lot of character growth and world building, I'm super down to continue watching.

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's always been my least fav, especially the first half. Just feels very monster of the week which gets old fast. I've always been surprised at how many people consider it the best part.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Started reading Hell Warden without realizing it was already canceled :crylaugh: I was actually looking forward to seeing where it was going.

10. SpyKi

I thought that looked interesting. Didn't realise it was cancelled.

11. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

speaking of cancellations, just got confirmed today that the last saiyuki is also getting the axe, its been clear for a while that would happen but its still a shame, lots of potential. i imagine double taisei will be the next one to go as two new series come in.

12. Coming from the Accountability in Music thread to here and seeing the word "canceled" is making my head spin.

thenewmatthewperry and Henry like this.
  13. SpyKi

Ffs, that one looked really cool too. All these series I was waiting to rack up enough chapters are getting cancelled. It must be so frustrating for people in Japan to get into these series and have them cancelled so quickly.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm just glad I'm not buying series anymore. There was nothing more frustrating to the abrupt end when the author had so much more down the line. Zombie Powder and Kurohime come to mind.

I guess that is still better than D Gray Man, where the illustrator was straight up stealing panels from other people and ending it because they were sick of dealing with backlash.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

or not. I guess D Gray Man got brought back? wtf

16. StepsInADance

its jump so its par for the course. i read all of them so i get the experience of having these series end, in a way though it makes following jump kind of fun for me since you also actively root for series to keep going.

the issues with d. gray man was the author developed arthritis and kept her from releasing chapters weekly so it got moved to a monthly magazine, she couldnt keep up with that either so now its in a seasonal magazine. its had long haituses but it was never fully cancelled.

17. Couldn't she have hired someone to help once her health got in the way? Is it uncommon/looked down upon for mangaka to have collaborators?

18. StepsInADance

with only a few exceptions (togashi being the most glaring one) all mangaka have assistants, specially at jump where up and comers are given assistant jobs before they get their own series published. even with that the work is so demanding and to keep consistency in the art style the mangaka still carries the heaviest load while assistants handle shading, backgrounds, etc... didnt help that for a long d gray man's main draw was its art.

19. SpyKi

Yeah, that's what I mean. I've never really been interested in super early cancelled series before because by the time they get well known over here they're already doing well. I've only started noticing newer series because of the app and it's already sad to see them get killed so soon.

20. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Anybody watched either Last Hope or Lost Song?

Completely unrelated to each other, but I watched both recently and loved them both completely.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Does Tokyo ghoul get good? I read about ten chapters but it's not doing anything for me.

22. SpyKi

I think it gets a lot better. I also think it's still a bit overrated and suffers from a lot of forgettable characters and confusing plot/artwork.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think the art is a lot of what has me questioning it. Some of the character designs are way too similar and it is really difficult to tell who is who.

24. SpyKi

The art does get better as it goes on and I think there's some really good stuff later on but that's a problem I have with the art for the whole series. It doesn't help that the names and characters are mostly forgettable.

25. GBlades

Trusted

Finally going to watch Dr Stone and Demon Slayer. Finished Promised Neverland and Made in Abyss