Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 68

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. StepsInADance Apr 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2019)
    StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i would recommend kimetsu no yaiba, its being done by ufotable (who did the best fate adapatations) and clearly has a great team behind it. the first ep looks great and the rest of the series seems to follow suit. in general the plotline isnt too far off from a typical demon slaying samurai show but it doesnt get stupid so theres that.

we never learn is based on a very sweet and charming romcom. the first ep looks a bit cheap tbh but if youre craving a fun romcom after the greatness that was kaguya this might keep you entertained.

also havent seen it yet but there is an adaptation of mix which is a manga by mitsuru adachi who has an uncanny talent for mixing baseball with coming of age stories. i dont know how well the series is being adapted but the source material is phenomenal.

Shakriel likes this.
  2. Bane

The spiciest meme

too bad about ufotable in general though

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Bane and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  4. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

RIP, such sad news.

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

OPM S2E2 still has some messy battle animations but boy thank god they made sure to put boob physics for Blizzard, priorities set.

I know it's just a thing you gotta deal with when watching anime but god I hate fan service shots. It actively lowers a show for me when they put it in.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I forgot how fucked up Perfect Blue is.

Josh, SpyKi and Shakriel like this.
  7. CobraKidJon

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

9. StepsInADance

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

when did JJBA come to Netflix that’s cool

11. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, this was awesome. Would love for them to add the rest of the seasons - always trying to get my friends to watch, and if it was on Netflix they'd have no more reasons not to!!

12. StepsInADance

i know some of you have the jump app and now that the last batch of series seem to have stabilized ill go ahead and recommend chainsaw man and the last saiyuki. also starting 2 weeks from now a new batch of 4 series will be starting and among them is samurai 8 which is the new series from masashi kishimoto who made naruto, so keep an eye out for that.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

the end of this week's One Punch Man was amazing. So happy to have this back

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

Huskies are my favorite breed of dog so oops

Raku likes this.
  17. Raku

Regular

I didn't care for the most part, but what gets me is that they pulled that stupid "true fans" shitty argument.

Saying how "true fans will accept this change." and that's honestly a dumb argument... That's terrible logic that I unfortunately used (but also thankfully don't use anymore) when I was last 11 years old. They should be ashamed of themselves for saying that.

True fans (which I'm not sure such a thing really exists... They're just fans) want their stuff as faithful (and good) as what the original creator(s) intended. They don't accept sub-par trash or unnecessary changes in an adaptation because they're told that's what they should want... I get that its an adaptation, and they should be free to make "some" changes. Just don't use a lame argument to defend stuff like that.

18. CobraKidJon

I was gonna believe it until I realized that site has legitimately zero credibility at all.

also no other site mentioned it at all.

19. StepsInADance

i know im super late on the manga collection train but heres mine. i was waiting on my new bookshelf. i stopped buying for a bit because i was running out of space but now i can get back to it.
    [​IMG]

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Punpun and HxH gets a like from me.

StepsInADance likes this.
  21. StepsInADance

official stranger things promo art done by yusuke nakamura

22. That's awesome. I love his work.

I just watched the first two episodes of The Promised Neverland. It's very shounen-y, but I'm getting into it.

23. CobraKidJon

re-watching One Punch Man S1 so I can start the second season and I forgot how fun it is.

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I just started the third episode of My Hero Academia on Hulu. It seems to be picking up but I haven’t fully gotten into it.

What’s the verdict for people who have watched it?

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh it's one of my favorite series'.

It basically just does shonen RIGHT. It learns from past mistakes that Naruto, Bleach, and other big shonen of the 2000s made and delivers a great experience. It gets super emotional at many points too.

The first season is of course good but it's really the second season that things get going. And thankfully the first season is only 13 episodes so you can blast through it relatively quick and get to that goodness.

SpyKi, justin. and Shakriel like this.