Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 67

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

honestly I look at the cast and I’m like “I don’t hate it” so I’ll probably give it a serious shot.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm hopeful.

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm kind of indifferent, which I'm fine with

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, this shouldn't even be happening, but the world of film and TV hates logic so whatever

5. Davjs

Trusted

Why not? It could be great? If not, the series will still be there.

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I understand this mindset to a degree, but I'd argue that there have been a significant amount of failures in adaptations from anime to live action that give me (and a lot of others) a lack of faith in these kinds of projects.

Also, as someone who has watched the anime, I understand where you are coming from, but if I were someone who has not seen the anime and then watched a bad live action adaption of it, I'd be much less likely to give the source material a shot. So for previous fans, it doesn't really affect much, but for new people as an introduction to the material I think it does more to turn them off from it than anything else.

Raku likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

I take it you hated the Death Note Netflix movie then?

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, which actually is a shame because I really liked the casting of Dafoe considering he is significantly creepy enough for most anime villains haha

9. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah Dafoe nailed the part. Even though he was all CGI he didn't look too shabby either.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  10. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i dont think live adaptations are inherently bad things i just dont see the point of them. i have no interest in watching any of them and everything ive seen from others just dont look very good, and if youre adapting a very visual medium and losing the style then you might as well not do it. i think thats why alita seems like the only one that kind of gets the point of adapting something like this.

at the same time cowboy beepop does seem like something that could lend itself to an adaptation better than others. kind of like how monster seemed like a pretty good idea for an hbo show when that was floating around. but if its like death note, or bleach, or fma it just seems destined for failure.

11. Davjs

Trusted

I have FMA in my netflix que but can't bring myself to watch it....

12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I think anything that is hyper-stylized or anything just doesn't lend itself well to live action. It's very easy to make mistakes when trying to juggle story, casting, acting, wardrobe, sets and then to put CGI and intense/crazy action sequences on top of that just seems like you're biting off more than you can chew.

I do think you're right that Bebop is a better fit if you had to do an adaptation. It could easily be a very Heath Ledger kind of situation where I don't see it now, but will be pleasantly surprised later.

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Screenshot_20180821-030732_Tumblr.jpg

Joe4th, Josh and Davjs like this.
  14. CobraKidJon

fma is the goat show even if one of the main characters voice actors is the biggest shit head

Bane likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

Oh I love the anime, I was talking about the movie that came out last year.

16. Dog with a Blog

I’m curious what the hell they are gonna do about Ed

Josh and Joe4th like this.
  17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

IMG_20190407_145843.jpg

K0ta likes this.
  18. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

It warms my heart to know that Samuel L. Jackson is a fellow weeb

19. Been a while since I watched the Afro Samurai movies. Remember loving those and Jackson is great in them.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

One Punch Man s2e1 is up on hulu. Loved it. No problems with the animation so far.

Joe likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ni no Kuni movie.

22. CobraKidJon

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Is it anywhere near concluding? Last I read it was meandering in the woods.

24. Bane

The spiciest meme

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Also One Punch Man S2E1 was FINE. Animation was a little messy during the action sequences but nothing atrocious like people were making it out to be before the episode dropped.