Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 66

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

EarlyMorningRiser and K0ta like this.
  2. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm actually kind of sad that this means no more Evangelion physical releases in English because it'll be stuck on Netflix, one of the biggest drawbacks of anime being exclusively on Netflix. But at least a new generation will get around to it.

nomemorial and Raku like this.
  3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

We talked about this right?

SpyKi and Shakriel like this.
  4. Syre Dream

Regular

I've never seen this one before... apparently its not streaming the english dub

5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The animation seems a little sloppy which surprises me

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

ReZero was great, excited for more.

7. I thought this was dead, but I'm glad it's not.

Shakriel likes this.
  8. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I'm glad Evangelion is going to land on Netflix for greater accessibility to a new audience, but for a series that's both incredibly iconic and has had a relatively troubled past since ADV dissolved, I've read some interesting takes from different places that make me question it overall.

Gen Fukunaga of Funimation has assessed that Netflix is a less than ideal place for this to drop as Netflix is not an anime-centric platform and has a tendency to let series that are not "Netflix Originals" simply get lost in a dense catalog. I don't disagree with this and it being slotted in between other titles that have the "Netflix Original" treatment doesn't seem to give it the weight one might feel it deserves. (Maybe they're doing this as a "Netflix Original" though? I haven't really followed the little bit of promo material they've put out for it so I may have missed that, but I think the overarching point still stands.)

Secondly, I think the re-dub situation is kind of heinous from what I've read and unless it's absolutely stunning or something it just seems wholly unnecessary to me. What they did with the original VAs really bums me out - seems like they weren't notified the parts were up for re-dub and then were advised "oh, yeah, I guess you can audition." These VAs (save for Rei) have been the English-language voices of these characters since the original dub, including the newer films, so it's going to be weird hearing entirely different voices from the Netflix stream. (and I have my doubts that they'll offer the original dub as a second audio track, but who knows)

A bit of a tangent, but I just really love this series and it's one of the things that got me really into anime, probably 17-18 years ago now, so I'm oddly attached to it.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Netflix being unable to respect the original NGE voice cast makes me concerned that Stand Alone Complex 2045 cast will be replaced.

10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Omfg new seasons of Re:Zero and Oregairu. New Digimon, Konosuba, and My Hero movies incoming. The trailer for Fire Force looks unbelievably dope. Evangelion on Netflix. What did I do to get blessed with all this anime greatness?

11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Wow, did not know Oregairu got another season. Seriously excited for that.

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  12. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

What the fuck?! They did?! That's one of my top 5. Jesus, now I'm excited.

Shakriel likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Great mail day
    IMG_20190326_112154.jpg

Shakriel and SpyKi like this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I want it.

15. Shakriel

Excited for my copy to arrive tonight.

16. CobraKidJon

I’m just posting because I like this joke

I know they have to ignore the material for the show but still funny

17. Bane

The spiciest meme

Mob Psycho 100 S2 and The Promised Neverland, what did we do to deserve such a stellar one-two this season

18. CobraKidJon

19. Shakriel

I don't know who the other three are, but always love seeing Cho in anything. OK with this cast, I guess. Still not sold live-action adaptation is needed or will work, but willing to give it a chance.

20. Davjs

Trusted

I googled pictures of the others and they are look the part. I dig it.

Shakriel likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I like Cho a lot, but I think this casting is an even bigger mistake than the Keanu Reeves thing. None of them line up for me.

22. Dog with a Blog

Daniella Pineda is perfect for this imo. As much as I would have loved Keanu, his time for this has passed

Davjs likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

I’m not familiar with any of the creative team tho

24. They're not whitewashing the lead of an anime adaptation?!?!

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I like John Cho and the Faye casting seems spot on visually, I just can’t imagine this will actually be good.