Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 63

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

while i agree with the sentiment that bnha isnt the best thing out there and that on principle it doesnt deserve all of the awards it got because there are better options for almost all if not all of the categories, i cant help but see the backlash for it winning a bunch of stuff as mostly driven by people's need to shit on something because its the new hotness and appeals to people beyond the "community". like this is the crunchyroll awards i cant imagine its super prestigious (if you really wanna get gatekeepy no award outside of japan is prestigious) and i dont think their intention was to be the most high brow and heady award, and it is undeniable that bnha had a huge year last year and was maybe the most talked about thing in anime. a lot of the people complaining about this were all so hyped with everything bnha related last year and now that it gets broader recognition they cant wait to bash it and act indignant as to signal their more informed taste to everyone. i know this isnt the case with everyone who expresses displeasure over the results of the award show but there is definitely an aspect of gatekeeping and hating on something because its for "normies".

i also wanna make it clear this is in no way a direct response to vase full of rocks' comment above. dont even know if they were responding to bnha's domniation of the award show.

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea it's literally a popularity contest, like there were judges but people still voted for what would win too. But uh people were still not very happy with MHA sweeping last year either lol, I'm indifferent because I love the series so no skin off my back. I wasn't rooting for it in every category it was nominated in but there were some of them I wanted it to win, like Christopher Sabat for All Might.

I think low key the best winners for their categories were Mamoru Miyano aka Kotaro Tatsumi from Zombieland Saga for Best Japanese VA, and Jojo for Best Character Design.

I was really pulling for Haida for Best Boy though :-/

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's just unfortunate that some things weren't even nominated because they weren't popular even if they were wonderful. That always bothers me and that's why I always frown upon awards like these especially ones from the streaming company themselves.

5. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

MOB IS BEST BOY

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

bakugo is the best boy from MHA anyway smh

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Both of those are wrong.

8. MFA

I am unravelling my clenched fist to pose the question: WHO IS BEST BOY THEN

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I just meant from MHA I don't know actual best boy lol

10. Best boy is Chikuwa from Yuru Camp.

[​IMG]

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Agreed x1000

12. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

This is an objective fact

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  13. MFA

It's the one truth

14. dash64

This is my design

Started ReLIFE last night and am enjoying it so far! It has the right amount of charm and likable characters to really pull you in.

15. Bane

The spiciest meme

I started and finished Land of the Lustrous, boy that show is a looker! I could go into more details but overall fun show, such a tease though for where it ends. I might end up reading the manga.

StepsInADance and Josh like this.
  16. The manga is really great too.

StepsInADance likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I finally found the first anime that I actually like, after twenty years of friends trying to get me to watch. Hunter x Hunter

Josh and SpyKi like this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Was tempted to start buying the Berserk deluxe editions until I saw that there are 39 fucking volumes. I can't believe I read through all of that.

19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The end is pretty standard and the twists are obvious but the characters are really good

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

There'll only be 13 deluxe though, lol.

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It's the best.

22. PureBlueSF Feb 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2019)
    PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Anyone else here use MyAnimeList? Just figured I'd ask, I try my best to keep mine as updated and accurate as possible but sometimes I get lazy. Feel free to add me on there if you want.

PureBlueSF's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  23. Josh Feb 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2019)
    I've very active on MAL, but I use my Completed lists as extended favourites lists. I purged them of everything else a few years back, a decision I occasionally regret, haha.

Josh's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Man, there's so much anime I have to add

25. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

Josh likes this.