Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 61

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Never heard of this but looks really cool.

2. Bane

The spiciest meme

Also the author is a woman which is really cool and refreshing, still really don't see that much with the type of manga it is so I really hope it catches on when it starts getting released in English

3. Anime of the year, anyone?

I didn't watch too many new series this year, but Devilman Crybaby, Laid-Back Camp, and A Place Further than the Universe come to mind. Aggretsuko and Revue Starlight (which I'm currently watching) are honourable mentions. I expect to enjoy MH3 when I get around to it.

4. Chocobo

Regular

I also didn't watch much, but loved Yuru Camp & A Place Further Than the Universe too. Also,
    - Yagate Kimi Ni Naru / Bloom into you
    - Citrus
    - Asagao to Kase-san (OVA)
    - Asobi Asobase
    - Pop Team Epic
    - Bang Dream! Girls Band Party! PICO

5. SpyKi

Darling in the Franxx baby! I fuckin loved that shit.

I pretty much only watched that and Devilman though and both were ace.

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

Darling in the Franxx was such a disappointment because it started out mediocre/bad, actually got good in the middle, and then went back to being mediocre/bad. Really a shame.

7. SpyKi

I thought it was amazing and just got better. The last couple of episodes were a bit odd but I still loved it as a whole.

8. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

devilman crybaby was by far my favorite thing this year and the best anime ive seen in a long time, cant remember the last time i was so floored by an anime, maybe when i watched utena like 3 years ago. golden kamuy was a lot of fun and a great adaptation of a great manga. catching up to mha was also great and relieving some of the best moments in the manga was awesome.

i didnt finish any of these series but i saw a good amount of cells at work, asobi asobase, and bunny girl senpai and they were all very good and would be on my list had i actually finished enough series to make a list.

muhyo and roji was a solid adaptation that no one but me wanted, which reminded me of how sloppy parts of that series are, but how masterful a particular arc is.

wouldnt call the dissapointments but darling in the franxx and gridman were series that i watched some of but eventually reached a point where i had little interest in continuing on with.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

been watching jojo bizarre adventure and it’s a good show.

Bane and SpyKi like this.
  10. CrumbDonuts4Me

The memes that came from Darling in the Franxx are better than the show itself:

As for favorites?

Asobi Asobase
    SSSS.Gridman
    That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
    Laid-back Camp

There are a few other shows I need to watch, but ultimately 2018 wasn't that great in comparison to 2017 or 2016 which had really awesome stuff.

11. Bane

The spiciest meme

I binged A Place Further Than The Universe last night and today....really nice! Not like, my favorite show of the year like it is for many people but very enjoyable.

Josh and Shakriel like this.
  12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I swear it feels like the crunchyroll app is broken every other day.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

The Crunchyroll Anime Awards

There's a lot of good choices that surprised me that got on but everyone should vote for Best Boy Haida imo

14. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Asobi Asobase
    Devilman Crybaby
    Laid-back Camp
    SSSS.Gridman
    Revue Starlight
    Violet Evergarden

Everything else was meh.

15. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yo if you've been wondering about Promised Neverland get on that shit it real good

16. brothemighty

Trusted

Mob Psycho 100 and The Promised Neverland are the best. I can only handle anime when the writing is off the chain. When it's stereotypes and tropes and vague metaphysical horseshit and nonsensical plotting and Japanese high school nonsense I check out, so that's about every anime/manga besides Mob Psycho and Promised Neverland

17. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I enjoyed the first episode of Dororo. Only thing I've watched of the new season so far.

18. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

the first episode of neverland was so well done, really looking forward to keeping up with it. first episode of dororo was also a lot of fun and plan on watching that as well. i want to watch kaguya as well since the source material is really good and ive heard great things about the adaptation but i unfortunately doubt ill be able to commit to 3 new series, so that one will probably fall by the way side.

SpyKi likes this.
  19. I was trying to recall what songs I knew on piano and when I got to playing "Decretum" I almost started crying. Dammit, Madoka, all these years later.

(If you haven't watched Madoka yet, please do)

Josh and SpyKi like this.
  20. Inevitabilis is that song for me. Homura did nothing wrong. Decretum (and that scene) hit hard though.

Shakriel likes this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

So weird coincidence, I just watched Madoka for the first time and finished it yesterday, I won't put spoilers but

Homura > Kyoko > Sayaka > Madoka > Mami

22. I think Sakura's in a different magical girl series...

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

Right you are, my mind just went defaulted to Sakura for some reason

24. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I just start Boogiepop, and holy hell this can be hard to follow. Constantly cutting to new scenes with no indication of how much time has passed.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

That bit bothers me so much.