Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I agree with the sentiment that other publishers should delve into this type of service - I'd probably be on board for almost all of them. Also agree with the statement on Berserk. It honestly fell off for me after the Golden Age arc, but I did have a bad habit of kinda sporadically reading it at that point so maybe it picks up again.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I think the last thing I read was when they were in the troll village. Couldn't understand for the life of me where they were going or doing when Griffith was taking over the world. Such a weird arc.

I also kinda hated reading it because there was wayyyy too much rape.

3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i always found berserk to get way too much praise for what it was, the art is phenomenal but beyond that i never found its story or themes to be intriguing enough to justify the slugish and aimless pace, or the icky stuff in it. the art really is some of the best around though, maybe the best depending on what other styles you like.

i guess that's my manga hot take.

Petit nain des Îles and Henry like this.
  4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

L versus Light is a good conflict tbh.

5. dash64

This is my design

Perfect Blue is getting a Blu-ray release next year, can't wait.

6. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Fucking finally. It's one of the few titles I don't have that I've desperately been hoping finally gets one (that I can play, anyway).

nomemorial likes this.
  7. dash64

This is my design

Additional info from blu-ray.com:

GKIDS, in association with Shout Factory, will release on Blu-ray Satoshi Kon's cult psychological thriller Perfect Blue (1997). The release will be available for purchase on March 26.

Synopsis: The directorial debut of acclaimed director Satoshi Kon (Paprika, Millennium Actress), the critically-acclaimed Perfect Blue has frequently been hailed as one of the most important animated films of all time.

In Perfect Blue, rising pop star Mima has quit singing to pursue a career as an actress and model, but her fans aren't ready to see her go. Encouraged by her managers, Mima takes on a recurring role on a popular TV show, when suddenly her handlers and collaborators begin turning up murdered. Harboring feelings of guilt and haunted by visions of her former self, Mima's reality and fantasy meld into a frenzied paranoia. As her stalker closes in, in person and online, the threat he poses is more real than even Mima knows, in this iconic psychological thriller.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
    • BRAND NEW REMASTER OF THE FILM
    • NEW Lectures by Satoshi Kon featurette
    • NEW Into The Blue featurette - New Interviews
    • Original SD Version of Feature (Japanese mono Dolby Digital 2.0 with English subtitles)
    • Angel of Your Heart Recording Sessions
    • Angel of Your Heart Full English Version
    • Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots—includes new trailers from US and UK re-releases
    • Cast and Crew Interviews

[​IMG]

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I want all of his material on Blu-ray

nomemorial and SpyKi like this.
  9. Shakriel

Yeah. I wish more of his stuff was, like Paranoia Agent. I currently have Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika.

10. dash64

This is my design

I'd love it if Paranoia Agent was, I never got to finish it.

11. CobraKidJon

SpyKi likes this.
  12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Got the new SJ app and I'm sad there's no HxH.

13. StepsInADance

dr stone was just nominated for the shogakuan award (one of the three most prestigious awards for manga) and since i know a lot of you got the sj app now is your chance to read it since its fully available on there. one of my favorite current series and the best thing in jump now (pretty sure ive said this before).

cells at work is also nominated for best general manga and i hope it wins, it is incredibly charming and i highly recommend it.

link with a list of nominees if anyone is interested
    64th Shogakukan Manga Awards' Nominees Announced

SpyKi likes this.
  14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I got the first volume of Dr Stone when it came out and enjoyed it. I'll probably catch up now I've got the app, looking forward to seeing where it goes. If I end up liking it anywhere near as much as The Promised Neverland or My Hero Academia I'll be so happy, lol. Those two consistently wow me.

Also tried the first volume of We Never Learn on it and thought it was pretty good.

StepsInADance likes this.
  15. Shakriel

Might check out the sj app, just not sure how much manga I enjoy will be on it.

16. StepsInADance

yeah those two plus dr stone are the best series in the magazine right now imo. we never learn is also very good, im usually not into shonen romcoms but i really like all the characters and its pretty cute.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. StepsInADance

also a pretty good list from b&n on their favorite manga from the year. actually had no idea ran and the gray world had been transalted. also mind blowing we actually got a translation of a kago manga, highly doubt many stores actually carry it.

Our Favorite Manga of 2018

Shakriel and Josh like this.
  18. CobraKidJon

Joe and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  19. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

20. CobraKidJon

I picked up all of these

Shakriel likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

death note switching to like this metal intro halfway through the season is so hilariously weird.

Vase Full Of Rocks and SpyKi like this.
  22. CobraKidJon

I finished Death Note and I have to say the first arc was generally really good with L.

The “Yotsuba arc” was pretty lame besides a few bright moments.

The final “arc” with Near and Mello also had some really good moments but dragged on a bit but the ending was perfect way to end.

23. I played a couple (literally a couple) matches of the MHA game on my cousin's Switch.

I still haven't seen the show.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I like to think it all should have ended after L. Sidoh was pretty cool, but outside of him, the rest was underwhelming.

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

So it's technically not coming out officially in English until Summer next year but I recently blasted through Beastars and holy wow it's good. Basically take Zootopia but put it in a school setting and throw the Disney G-rating out the window. Goes waaaaaaaaay more in depth with some of the themes Zootopia was going for, just good shit all around. Gets super dark.

SpyKi likes this.