Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

this season, i'm keeping up with sakamoto desu ga?, sailor moon crystal (s3), and gakusen toshi asterisk (s2)

as for older stuff, i'm in the second arc of sailor moon r. i have a few episodes left of ouran koukou host club and mawaru penguindrum.

2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

hunter x hunter is back today!

3. Figured I'd post this here. Ghost in a Shell adaptation has started production. First photo.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: aaand there's a thread for it.

Henry likes this.
  4. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Anyone watch Love Live? Halfway through the first season currently and really enjoying it.

Imgur Image

5. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

well it looks like part of what you wanted is happening:

In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock.

Toonami to Co-Produce 2 New FLCL Seasons (Updated)

6. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Hiatus X Hiatus is back, but was ultimately overshadowed by another amazing One Piece chapter!

7. Jacob Davidson

Regular

That's exciting. I'm kinda more excited now.

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I think Charlotte and Angel Beats! both suffer from feeling very rushed. The last few episodes of both feel like there's a lot of missing explanations and character development. I was dissatisfied with Charlotte moreso than Angel Beats! though. Speaking of which, I'm almost done with Clannad After Story. Don't really like how literally all the female characters in the Clannad franchise mostly seem helpless though. It's a bit tired.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  9. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I get what you mean about it feeling rushed. I still liked Charlotte a lot, but yeah, even just another 5–6 episodes with everything spaced out would have helped balance it out. I haven't seen Angel Beats! yet (it's at the top of the queue).

I've got a soft spot for Clannad. It's my favorite anime, which is probably influenced in part by the fact that it's the first one I ever watched. Yeah, they're all kind of helpless in their own ways sometimes, I think that's a legitimate complaint. Still, I love it, both the main series and After Story. Probably should do another rewatch soon . . .

10. I'm four episodes into Shirobako (cute girls working in the anime industry) and I'm enjoying it so far. I can see why it was so well received.

On the manga front, I started Kakukaku Shikajika (fictionalized autobiography of the mangaka of Princess Jellyfish) and can already tell I'm going to cry by the end, haha. It's probably going to be one of my favourites.

I haven't watched Love Live yet, but I'm considering it — partially because of the amazing fan art I've come across. I have tried one or two idol shows before and couldn't get into them, but Love Live seems promising.

Shakriel likes this.
  11. StepsInADance

i love idols and all but have never liked any idol anime, its a shame.

also i got a girl on the shore, its pretty graphic

12. StepsInADance

[​IMG]

esposimi likes this.
  13. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

14. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i like miss monochrome: the animation :teethsmile: it's just really silly and fun

15. StepsInADance

finally finished one punch man

lightning13 likes this.
  16. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

What'd you think? Did it live up to the hype?

17. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It exceeds the hype.

heartbeatsbrain and lightning13 like this.
  18. StepsInADance

well i had seen pretty much all of it as it aired and had previously read the manga. i just had the last episode in my to watch list for a really long time. but yes it lives up to the hype,

19. DandonTRJ Apr 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 19, 2016)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

So I've started watching Clannad based on your post. Eight or nine episodes in, really enjoying it so far, other than the fact that the entire "forgetting Fuko" plotline is wholly dependent on NOBODY KEEPING A DIARY OR ATTEMPTING TO DOCUMENT ANYTHING THROUGH AN EXTERNAL DEVICE OTHER THAN WOODEN STARFISH.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  20. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Watching Tokyo Ghoul, enjoying it so far. Would like something a little more light-hearted, though. Maybe I'll watch Azumanga Daioh again, that one's really good.

21. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

Oh shiiiiit new arc in Joker Game.

22. ikanacanyon

Free jake w

Started Ajin Demi Human the other day. Really interesting animation style and pretty cool story.

23. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

Why would you ever need anything other than a wooden starfish to keep track of your life? :tongue:

Nah, I hear you. But knowing how anime magic works, their diaries would probably disappear too or something.

I'm glad you're liking it! It's not without its flaws, but it's a really special story and some of the scenes are incredibly poignant. Keep me updated as you keep watching!

Raku likes this.
  24. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Going to try and keep up with a few anime this season since I only kept up with Erased last one. Watched the two EPs for Koutetsujou no Kabaneri and Kiznaiver. Really liked the Kiznaiver episodes. The Kabaneri ones were okay but way to similar to Attack on Titan. I know that is intentional as they are essentially trying to replicate the success of AoT but damn. Plan to watch Re:Zero as well. Joker Game also looks interesting.

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Got half way through Erased finally today. Really into it.

Probably going to start Kiznaiver tonight.