Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 59

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Bunny Girl has been a solid show and my fav (of what I've actually watched) so far. Gridman's been decently enjoyable in the couple episodes I've watched.

Have Honda-san on my list to check out and I recently watched the first ep of Zombieland.

2. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I like Gridman because of the art and how the handle all the tropes of kaiju movies/shows. It's got some good things going for it.

I'm also enjoying That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Rascal was pretty good for the first four episodes, haven't really given more a chance.

3. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

Going to see Mirai in the theater tonight. Mamoru Hosoda has always had great movies so I'm glad I am getting to see this one in the theater. I haven't really watched much anime in the past few years but all the big directors are pretty reliable

GEM37 likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Joe4th and Shakriel like this.
  5. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Of course they did

Raku likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Hell yeah

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Finally got the last one

IMG_20181208_153007.jpg

8. Shakriel likes this.
  9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

11. I watched Liz and the Blue Bird, directed by Naoko Yamada (A Silent Voice), last night. It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but my expectations were high. It's a solid addition to the Hibike series. The mood and use of background music were spot on, plus there were some nice moments and cool shots. I hope Yamada keeps directing films. She's still young and could have a long career ahead of her.

Shakriel likes this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Makoto Shinkai (director of Your Name, Garden of Words, 5 Centimeters Per Second, and Children Who Chase Lost Voices) announced his new film “Weathering With You” for July 2019.

A lonely sailor named Saikoko arrives in Tokyo and starts working for an occult magazine. This brings him to the discovery of a girl that has mysterious powers such as controlling the weather and who holds the deepest secrets of the world.

F632565E-7790-417A-9336-4094506E421B.jpeg

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

looks dope.

justin. and Raku like this.
  14. Josh Dec 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 16, 2018)
    I'm late to the game on this one, but just started watching Ouran High School Host Club. It's a lot of fun so far and Maaya Sakamoto is great as Haruhi.

Shakriel likes this.
  15. Late to the game part two: I watched the first 20 episodes of MHA over the past three days. I'm generally not big on action shounen — which is why I only tried MHA now — but I'm hooked. Enjoying the tight writing, large cast, awkward super powers, and that the show doesn't take itself too seriously (holy lol at All Might's regular, scrawny form).

SpyKi and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Josh likes this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I ordered the complete sets of Utena and Card Captor. Merry Christmas to me, I guess. lol

18. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Anyone else hyped on new Shonen Jump? (I don't think there's a manga thread?) Starts today, $2/mo to get simulpub of most major SJ series and their entire back catalog. Only limitation is you can't read more than 100 chapters a day so unless you're sharing with people or just have like...a ton of time, it's pretty wide open. I'm just waiting impatiently for the app to update so I can subscribe and get back to an unending One Piece binge (that I can now enjoy legally, hahaha)

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this might sound outrageous but I am finally watching Death Note. I wanted to catch up on a lot of these "classic" animes.

SpyKi, dash64 and Henry like this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

That sounds awesome. I remember always scrambling for the unofficial stuff hours after it hit shelves over there.

I hope other companies would hop on that. Kodansha would be a great one. Whoever has the rights to Berserk. I really want to see where that is at this point. It felt so directionless when I stopped reading it.

nomemorial likes this.
  21. Is Death Note considered a classic now? Damn, now I feel old. I remember watching those episodes as they came out. What I consider classics are like Bebop and Evangelion, which were established before my time. Although, yeah, I guess by now anything from the 2000s can be considered classic. It's weird to think that FMA first aired in America 14 years ago.

Raku, Petit nain des Îles and Joe4th like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd say of the more contemporary stuff, FLCL, FMA, Death Note would be my choices for classic.

I'd leave out Naruto, Bleach, Code Geass, Eureka Seven, and a ton of other stuff I think people would praise.

Raku likes this.
  23. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

yes! im super hyped, i used to buy individual issues every once in a while if they were premiering a new series that piqued my interest but as soon as the news came out about the new subscription service i immediately bought a subscription. such a cool idea, really hope it gets more people into manga.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

this is so cool, definitely getting this.

nomemorial likes this.