Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 57

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Super pumped

Chocobo likes this.
  2. Chocobo

Regular

Yagate kimi ni naru / bloom into you

first episode was sweet! :heart:

3. @Chocobo honest question, do I know you? Like from the AP.net days?

4. Chocobo

Regular

well, I was Chocobo on AP.net too, so it's possible!

SpyKi likes this.
  5. I somehow forgot about this thread for the past 3-4 months. What shows from last season did people watch/like? I watched about half of Planet With, but then got bored. It was fun, just too generic and shounen-y. I'm two episodes into Revue Starlight and want to love it, but it feels like a bad Ikuhara ripoff.

I'm waiting patiently for these movies:

Liz and the Blue Bird
    Here Comes Ms. Modern
    Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms (missed my chance to see this one in theatres)

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm finally catching up on Attack on Titan, I hadn't seen season 2 or 3 yet despite having read the manga well past those points.

It didn't hit me until watching season 3 now that that whole arc might be the best stuff the series has done yet. So far shaping up to be my favorite season. It's been a hot minute since I've read the manga so I don't remember every single detail but things here and there, and then watching it refreshes my memory.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, IGN said Planet With was one of the best of the season and I was like, nah dawg

Josh likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Well finished season 3 of Attack on Titan, and yep best season of the show and probably my favorite show this year. And the last moments.....I'm shook, I know what that moment is and I'm SHOCKED they teased it here. But it's brilliant.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I really have been meaning to check out some anime, i'd like some suggestions as to what to first watch. I randomly was reading about this new one that came out named Goblin Slayer and I checked it out and thought it was damn good, also a bit shocking. Has anyone checked it out yet? Only 2 episodes in so far.

10. Bane

The spiciest meme

yea I've watched both episodes and it's kind of whatever to me. Second episode shows some potential but there are things that skeeve me off a bit, like how that farmer girl has such a fanservice-y outfit. Like I know it's anime so expect a base level of fanservice but come on, that is so impractical for a farmer to have. Also I'm just not a fan of fanservice in general in anime.

And then there's the rape scene that blew up everywhere. While it's true that it's not as explicit as other rape scenes in shows....it's still super unnecessary. "Oh but all the goblins are male so they HAVE to rape to procreate"....why make a plot point that forces rape to be added in like that? If it's to show how violent and dangerous the goblins are, slaughtering parties mercilessly is more than enough to get that point across.

11. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

yeah that whole thing seems so gratuitous and unnecesary, really puts a damper on it and makes me not want to watch it further. honestly i dont see much that interests me this season, im only following golden kamui and i wish i was caught up with to aru majutus no index to watch this season. there seem to be a lot of sequels this season.

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

This season I've got Jojo and Zombie Land Saga. Honestly you guys should check out Zombie Land Saga, it has a real nifty premise that I won't ruin for you, it's fun to go in blind.

And then there's others I haven't checked out yet but am looking to. Like Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh and I GUESS I might give Goblin Slayer a bit more time just to see if it goes anywhere since I've already seen 2 episodes now

14. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I've read some of the Goblin Slayer manga and other than the first bit, it largely is just lots of violence (as far as I recall).

15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

16. Bane

The spiciest meme

yepppppp, although it's funny they put a HeroAca pic when that one will be fine

Thank god. Also Attack on Titan. But still unfortunate all around.

17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I mean, HiDive has better stuff right now anyway.

18. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

I saw part one of Miss Modern a couple months back. Really enjoyed it, and I'm excited for part two. I've heard good things about Maguia too.

Josh likes this.
  19. Raku

Regular

As an English Dub fan (I struggle with watching Subbed anime) this news is a bit disheartening. I know it's Sony pulling the strings (and possibly AT&T pulling CR's), but it doesn't make it any less disappointing. Especially when you realize that this potentially means that we might get less dubs now, especially now that CrunchyRoll will be back to competing with Funimation.

Hopefully I end up being wrong, and CrunchyRoll will have plans in place to still service people like me who need dubs to fully enjoy anime. Just as long as they don't majorly do what Amazon does (where any chance of a dub dies when they pick up shows) then we should be good, and I'll try to be a bit more optimistic about this stuff for the future.

Plus hopefully what Funimation said is true, and that they'll be able to expand with Sony's backing (I mean Sony also own Aniplex (so they can help)), and it isn't just PR talk, or empty promises. I'll be disappointed (if again) this leads to less dubs.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I didn't think about the dub community as I'm not a part of it, but that's a very valid concern I overlooked. That's pretty disheartening as my friends really like the Food Wars and MHA dubs and such.

Raku likes this.
  21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

no one asked for this

Raku and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  22. Bane

The spiciest meme

I saw that earlier and all I could think was that they're gonna do my boy Tokoyami dirty

Raku and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I feel like for anime adaptations to work, they need to be grounded. And even those are bad.

Raku likes this.
  24. Raku

Regular

I wish Hollywood would stop trying to adapt Manga/Anime into some western release, just leave it to Japan because the know best.

However, I would be cool with a Pixar/Dreamworks styled adaptation to keep the stories in an animated format. Plus doing that would help keep the characters a bit more faithful to their source material and would probably be easier for those crazy moments to be properly shown.

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm having trouble understanding why we would need a Pixar adaptation of something that's already animated instead of just releasing the anime movies in theaters in the west.

Raku likes this.