Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 55

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

i need the dub with all might as the crimson chin also

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

the latest filler episode for my hero academia has a super fun intro. I smiled.

3. Bane

The spiciest meme

This week's filler episode of HeroAca was very cute and fun, better filler episode than the one a few weeks back with Momo and company. I didn't hate that one, but this one didn't get bogged down with plot silliness like that other one did at times.

Oh and part of the reason for this week's filler is that there was a 24 hour charity thing going on in Japan, and the theme was "love saves all" or something. In case you wanted the context. Also it doesn't hurt to advertise the movie a bit.

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion today. I love it already.

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I just finished the series (1-26) and The End of Evangelion. It was as if David Lynch and Grant Morrison got together and decided to make an anime.

Dan O'Neill and SpyKi like this.
  6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Finally started Overlord. I was really sick of the whole “kid suddenly stuck in a video game” genre of anime that seems to have taken over, but this one is alright so far. We’ll see if it has any legs.

The only other anime that I’ve genuinely liked of that genre have been Re:Zero, which who knows if it will ever get a resolution, and Konosuba.

7. CobraKidJon

all I know about overlord is it is the anime that is constantly on autoplay after MHA episodes end on hulu for me

8. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I want more Re:Zero. :(

Also No Game No Life. I need to stop watching anime that may never get finished.

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Overlord is on season 3 right now and the story has not progressed at all. It had potential and completely flounders it.

It's a poor man's substitute for Re:Zero or anything of the sort.

Classic isekai shows like .hack//Sign (not Roots) and Log Horizon are pretty good. Unfortunately so many new ones have been horrible like In Another World With My Smartphone, Death March To The Parallel World and The Master of Ragnarok & The Blesser of Einherjar (which is fucking terrible.)

10. CobraKidJon

gang orca best hero

Don't @ me

11. Bane

The spiciest meme

what an absolute beast who knows how to make an entrance

Attached Files:

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

I've been very excited for the anime proper introduction of him, loved him from the manga

Now there's just 2 more Pro Heroes I'm waiting for anime version of, the next one coming next season.

13. Raku

Regular

With the third series (or really season) of Fairy Tail recently announce, I finally decided to finish up the two seasons that where already out (I stopped watching at episode 151 of the first season/series because the English Dub wasn't that far out yet). I forgot how amazing the music in this show was, and now I'm in the mood to check out some Celtic Punk bands (first up is 'The Go Set').

That said, I was a bit disappointed by the animation in the second series/season (particularly around the 'Sun Village' and 'Tartaros' arcs) with them reusing/replaying old scenes from past episodes ad nauseam. Seriously pulled me out of the story seeing the same scene(s) play out over, and over again. I hope this new season doesn't do that.

Also finally got around to seeing the last film as well, and it was nicely done. I'm sad to be done with Fairy Tail (for now), but thankfully I won't have long to wait. Plus, I have other things to keep me entertained till then. I still haven't forgot my hype for the third season of 'My Hero Academia' and the new movie that's to come out soon. Depending on how far the dub goes, I might have to binge-watch part of the show up to that one special before the film comes out since they recently released a special for fans to watch.

14. StepsInADance Sep 4, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 4, 2018)
    StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

dr stone volume 1 is out today in english and it should be waiting for me when i get home. if you havent checked it out yet i highly recommend it, in a jump era full of great series dr stone is my favorite.

edit: it's my favorite aside from hxh, which coincidentally is coming back on the 25th

nomemorial, Dan O'Neill and SpyKi like this.
  15. Dog with a Blog

Screening Perfect Blue tonight at work. Never seen it

16. Dog with a Blog

What the fuck. Definitely expected that to go another 20 minutes or so. Huh.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. SpyKi

Perfect Blue is probably my favourite anime film.

Josh, Dan O'Neill and Dog with a Blog like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

It’s really good. I need to watch it again

19. Perfect Blue is a masterpiece. I've always meant to check out more of Satoshi Kon's work. I think I've only seen bits and pieces of his other movies.

20. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

perfect blue is amazing and yet it is my least favorite of the work ive seen of his.

21. SpyKi

I've seen Millenium Actress, Paprika and most of Paranoia Agent. Theyre all great but Perfect Blue just hits me a certain special way.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yo, if you aren't watching Asobi Asobase then you are doing yourself a gigantic disservice.

It's clever, strange and absurdly funny.

Dan O'Neill, Bane and Chocobo like this.
  23. Chocobo

Regular

^ and it has the best ED song!

Bane likes this.
  24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It might end up in my top ten anime. Definitely top twenty.

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Going back through HxH and started Chimera Ant arc, I'm so mad that it literally meant an actual ant lmao. I went in thinking it was gonna be some cool organization name.