Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 53

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. Yorkcity > Greed Island > Chimera Ant. For me at least.

2. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Must be HxH season. I watched the original, but remember little to nothing about it save for the main characters. I've been watching the 2011 series now, somewhere right after episode 30, after my friends were giving me a boatload of shit for never watching this version. Enjoying it a lot and Gon is just so pure. Killua is my all-time fave, though.

SpyKi likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Chimera Ant and Yorknew are both 10's in different ways. Couldn't choose between them for my favourite.

dogdad likes this.
  4. Bane

The spiciest meme

Vase Full Of Rocks and SpyKi like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this makes me want to re-watch HxH but then I am like BACKLOG DONT DO IT

SpyKi likes this.
  6. SpyKi

This is me so often. HxH is the thing I'm most redrawn to honestly. I'm trying to wait at least 10 years before I rewatch it, lol.

7. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

8. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  9. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

The new MHA was so good.

Jesse West likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

I already miss the old opening song for MHA dang

Jesse West and dogdad like this.
  11. StepsInADance

just caught up with the golden kamuy manga again after falling behind on some chapters and i know ive said this before but you all gotta get on this, it is soooo good, easily one of the best ongoing manga series. also the series recently won the osamu tezuka prize, which is arguably the most prestigious prize in manga.

also i started reading the new series by the dude who made fairy tail (idk why, i dont even like fairy tail) and omg this guy has straight up recycled every character from fairy tail. even the cat is there with the same exact name, the female mc is a carbon copy of fairy tail's female mc, and the red haired girl is there too with the only difference being that she has an eyepatch now. how lazy can you get?

SpyKi likes this.
  12. SpyKi

I'm really excited to start Golden Kamuy. I'm trying to finish some of the stuff I'm reading first though. I have a bad habit of starting way too many things. It's probably the next thing I'll start though.

I don't understand what the point of starting a new series is if you're just going to recycle all of the character designs. It's real strange.

StepsInADance likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

14. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Just started watching My Hero Academia on a whim and it's really fun so far, gives me that old feeling I used to get watching cartoons when I was a kid. Excited to see where it goes. Also when I randomly decided to watch it half way through I decided to check up on what my old favorite studio, Bones, was doing and... they're doing that! Awesome.

Gonna dip out now because I don't wanna get spoiled/prevent you peeps from talking about current events, but I am excited to blow through the first few seasons in a few days

15. Bane

The spiciest meme

More HeroAca love is always appreciated

Jesse West and Raku like this.
  16. CobraKidJon

just got 10 more episodes of FMA Brotherhood but dang this has been a fun series.

SpyKi and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  18. CobraKidJon

I gotta say my favorite characters in fma brotherhood have to be the 4 chimeras that help the elric brothers

they just write these support characters well

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think Greed 2 and Barry are my favorites for two very different reasons. lol

20. CobraKidJon

decided to marathon it today and what a show. I'm glad I finally powered through and watched it all.

SpyKi likes this.
  21. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I just finished Yona of the Dawn the other day. Great series, except for episode 16 being a pretty dumb filler. But the rest of the show makes up for it. I loved seeing Yona grow as a character, from being super sheltered and spoiled to being a metal as fuck warrior. The other characters were also all pretty likable for the most part, especially the character of Yoon. I thought he was fucking hilarious and at times, I saw a bit of myself in him.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Oda says that One Piece is 80% complete. Crazy how long it is running.

23. SpyKi

after reading 70 volumes in the last year or so it honestly doesn't feel that long to me. I feel like there's so much to do in that world with those characters that it's length is justified. I imagine it would probably feel a lot longer and drawn out if I'd watched the anime instead.

24. StepsInADance

i have so much to catch up to in one piece that its way too daunting and would be so time consuming. i remember when i first caught up to it in high school it took me a whole summer to get there.

right now im trying to catch up to food wars since im not super behind and jesus everytime azami speaks it's so infurating because everything he says is so fucking stupid and i cant help but think everything could just be solved if someone just punched him really hard in the face, where are the shonen action heroes when you need them?

SpyKi likes this.
  25. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

This is actually exactly how I feel about Shirou Emiya in Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. I don't remember him being THAT dumb in the original 2006 Fate Stay Night (except for the whole "people die if they are killed" thing) but every single time he opens his fucking mouth in Unlimited Budget Works I just want someone to punch him.

StepsInADance likes this.