Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Rogue99T

Newbie Prestigious

I wish. I really want to now since Fireworks let me down and that was my big weeb thing I was going to do this summer. I want to see Mother's Basement do the live analysis of Boko no Hero Academia's new OP (I think it might not happen since the new Arc is supposed to sarts next week, according to Crunchyroll).

Idk probably going to see Fireworks again tonight because I really wanted to like that film

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Give me all the mech movies

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

I finally decided to get back into watching all of FMA Brotherhood since I finished Brooklyn 99.

I just watched the 4th episode and that destroyed me. I decided to finish up for the night after that.

SpyKi likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

xFLINTvTONGUEx likes this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Never expected rooster teeth to get this big for anime stuff

6. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

D
    Did you follow what Burnie said about Guild Wars 2 after the whole thing with the writers getting fired?

7. CobraKidJon

honestly can't say I know anything about that.

I've moved mostly away from RT stuff and just purely Funhaus.

8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Hmm. I haven't enjoyed Funhaus. Maybe I have a tainted experience since their stuff for GameStop TV is not funny and just cheesy.

9. CobraKidJon

oh yeah that GameStop stuff is bad. They had a stretch where everything was amazing for me but now they are just generally good with some clunkers here and there.

10. dogdad

Regular

So I just finished the Chimera Ant Arc in HxH........... I love this anime so much and I can't believe there's nothing else to watch after these next few episodes im so gutted!!

SpyKi likes this.
  11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I think I'm the only person in the history of anime that was sorely disappointed with the Chimera Ant arc and found it to be a waste of time.

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm at the beginning of the Yorknew City arc, been watching the show when I can. Hisoka is the best character so far imo

SpyKi and dogdad like this.
  13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Hisoka is the best character throughout the whole thing.

dogdad likes this.
  14. Bane

The spiciest meme

alright good to know haha

15. dogdad

Regular

Really?? That's nuts. I thought it was super satisfying, very different from what I've seen imo

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

See, from what I've heard is that a lot of people love it and consider it one of the best arcs in anime because it goes against what you'd expect from that kind of show and that's exactly why I didn't like it. It dragged on for 75 episodes and I just wanted a big fucking fight where everything burned to the ground.

dogdad likes this.
  17. dogdad

Regular

I totally get wanting that from this show but looking at HxH as a whole, it was never that type of show to give that yknw? I think i learned that lesson by the Greed Island Arc. I was just as satisfied with the last 2 big fights we saw. But I still know where you’re coming from and it would’ve definitely been super cool to see that happen.

18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I just...I guess I wanted to see a grand payoff for everyone's training and experience up to that point and I just felt like I wasted a lot of my time watching the arc. If the arc wasn't so long, maybe I would have felt different, but it's like super long.

dogdad likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Ants creep me out so I'm glad we can be in agreement.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

How'd you like Ant-Man & The Wasp?

21. CobraKidJon

as soon as I saw a giant ant playing drums in the trailer I was like PASS

Vase Full Of Rocks and dogdad like this.
  22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

The Chimera Ant arc has so many of my favourite moments in anime. That one moment with Gon in particular blew my mind.

dogdad likes this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I love The Promised Neverland so much. Emma is such a great main character.

nomemorial and StepsInADance like this.
  24. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

the only unsatisfying thing i can think of is them building up pitou as so strong but he ultimately becomes fodder for gon's outrage rather than a real opponent. but it's not like we didn't get other great fights so it balanced out. that being said chimera ant is not my favorite arc in the series, that would go to yorkcity.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.