Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 50

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

It's created by the same guy who did the anime adaptation of Revolutionary Girl Utena. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr underrated and really really good

2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

speaking of ikuhara, im planning on rewatching utena but im looking for some good writing on it. anyone have any interesting links? @Josh ?

3. I haven't seen either. I must be streets behind.

SpyKi and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

There's always time for Anime.

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

there's always time.

6. SpyKi

I need to finish Penguindrum and Paranoia Agent. I think I got like 2/3rds of the way through both.

7. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

also you all need to get on golden kamuy, amazing batch of likeable characters, cool heroes, intriguing villains, great action sequences, and lots of focus on ainu culture and the history of hokkaido circa early 1900s. the mangaka works closely with an ainu consultant to make sure they're being represented accurately. season is an episode away from ending so now is the time to catch up before the inevitable second season.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  8. SpyKi

I plan on reading the manga at some point, it looks really cool.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  9. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

My friend who told me to watch Violet Evergarden also mentioned that one before so I'm definitely going to check it out.

10. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Violet Evergarden is good. Just avoid Franxx.

11. StepsInADance likes this.
  12. Bane

The spiciest meme

Franxx is so weird in how it went on such a roller coaster. There were a solid 4-5 episodes that were pretty great. Maybe a bit more than that but I'm forgetting some.

People have listed most but I'd like to add Fate/Zero as one of my favorites. And if we're counting both manga and anime, honestly My Hero Academia. I dunno if that'll be looked down upon because it's the new hotness or whatever else, but I seriously adore the whole series.

13. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I want to read the Vigilantes spin off of My Hero. Sounds totally up my alley.

14. Yo no one called me out for putting FMP under action comedy instead of mecha lol

although i guess FLCL also counts as mecha??? oyyyy

15. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

FMP is comedy...

16. with robots.

FMP, FLCL, and GL are all comedy, to some extent, and all have robots

17. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It's all about the primary drive of the plot and show and such right? What's the draw? The mechs or the action or the comedy?

Things easily blend genres and some just sprinkle in a bit of others to make it more appealing. I can see how it can be hard to define a lot of those shows.

18. SpyKi

My Hero Academia would probably be on my list but I've switched to the manga now so I don't really watch it anymore. It would definitely be top 10 manga for me though.

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

I dunno who else is following Megalo Box but it's going real fuckin strong 12 episodes in, and 1 episode left. I'm shocked it's kept up the quality but I've enjoyed it immensely

20. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to start watching that soon. This season hasn't had much else besides that and MHA.

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Megalo Box is next after this MHA season ends and I eventually jump back into food wars.

22. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I've been super disappointed by Food Wars this season.

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

Food Wars I was reading way back when, and I stopped at some point where they were on a mountain for some trials or something. Is the anime past that? I've never actually watched the anime but I did quite like the manga, I just fell behind and havent caught back up yet.

24. dogdad

Regular

Wow that last episode of MHA... so emotional!!

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

Inko Midoriya is MVP mom of the year

dogdad likes this.