Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Jacob Davidson

Regular

In the New seasons of FLCL, I would love them to move on to another place with the only characters coming back are Haruko and Kanti. That way if it disappoints it is far away from the original series and it doesn't ruin it.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Didn't know that. Probably why they're so amazing.

sdnyjns likes this.
  3. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

mainly watching Flying Witch and Kiznaiver for this season. also picking Drrr back up - Shou was solid but i put Ten on hold 2 episodes into it. and still patiently waiting for the second SnK movie to be subbed. (not patient at all tho)

4. Viva Sonata

gooberplex.tumblr.com Prestigious

Watch Joker Game. Watch it.

The Lost Village's first episode is an experience meant to be had.

5. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i actually just finished watching the first episode of joker game, liked it a good amount

Viva Sonata likes this.
  6. Viva Sonata

Very very smart stuff. Very excited to see how the cliffhanger from the end is resolved.

7. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Hey, an anime chat? Cool!

Uhh, did anybody in here watch Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju last season? It was amaaaaazing. Definitely one of my favorite recent shows, along with Erased and Osomatsu-san. :)

8. Viva Sonata

I adored SGRS. And the fact we're getting more makes me unbelievably happy.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  9. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju was really highly recommended to me, I'm definitely going to get going on it as soon as I finish the series I'm currently watching.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  10. StepsInADance

yeah the only complaint i have is that a lot of the spies look very similar and im not sure ill be able to remember who is who. but yes very interested to see how the main character gets out of that one.

11. Viva Sonata

It's my pick for anime of the year so far.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Netflix is making a play for the Death Note live action film..

sdnyjns and Dan O'Neill like this.
  13. Viva Sonata

Ew the new one? Haha. They're all awful.

14. StepsInADance

kouji wada (the artist behind the majority of digimon's songs) has passed away :(
    his songs were always a huge part of the show for me as a kid and were my first introduction to music in japanese.

15. StepsInADance

i think they wanna produce an entirely new adaptation

edit: this was supposed to quote your death note post

16. StepsInADance

so kiznaiver bored me pretty quickly.

Contender likes this.
  17. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

So what are some of the best anime currently airing this season or just finished up this season? I just finished Erased which was exactly the type of anime I love. Trying to find more like that. My recent favs would be Death Parade, AoT, all of K, Perfect Insider, Steins;Gate, One Punch Man, Digimon Tri, and to my own surprise, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. I desperately hope for a third season of that, weirdly.

It's super hard for me to wade through the seemingly endless variations of Chivalry of a Failed Knight or Sky Wizards Academy or all those same-y shows. Or the "kid randomly stuck in a video game" that seems to be all over the place now. Norn9, Grimgar, Bahamut Chronicles, and Dimension W all show up under "Recommended for me" but none of them seem very special.

I plan on watching Noragami now that I know the first season is on Netflix. I remember starting Charlotte but only got a few episodes in hoping it was gonna take a super dark turn somewhere

18. StepsInADance

my hero academia and joker game

Contender likes this.
  19. OwainGlyndwr

I am the Aleutian allusion illusion Supporter

There is a super dark episode of Charlotte about halfway through—episode 7, if I remember right. Took me by surprise. It's not like the rest of the season suddenly becomes dark after that, but it definitely mixes things up with the plot and, in my opinion, was really satisfying. I guess I'm just saying that I really like Charlotte and I think it's worth finishing if you feel like it.

20. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Dropping into this thread because after a major weeb stint in high school and most of college, I dropped off the anime bandwagon pretty hard (law school through present day). I'm finally getting my feet wet again, mainly in conjunction with introducing my fiancee to the medium. We started with FMA Brotherhood (which she loved), then took a risky hard right into Ouran High School Host Club (which she also liked!). After sampling a handful of darker series (Hellsing Ultimate, Madoka, Higurashi), we've determined that her favorite thing is when there's a character she wants to mother (like Al from FMA and Honey from Ouran). This gave me the perfect excuse to start us on the rebooted Hunter x Hunter, and she's loving that so far. Once that runs its course, anyone got suggestions?

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Haha, was just about to recommend Hunter x Hunter until I got to the last line.

22. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Finally found someone that shares the same opinion as me. There's so much hype around the show, but I couldn't find myself caring about it. The whole deadly sins thing into modern high school stereotypes was a reach too. There aren't too many shows I'm enjoying this season. So far it's only Bungo Stray Dogs, Joker Game, and and maybe Ace Attorney.

And you know that atrocity known as Super Lovers.

23. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

So far this new season of anime, I've only watched Flying Witch. Haven't heard anything good about really anything that's premiered so far.

24. StepsInADance

i really could not stand the main character. i was pretty optimistic going into it since trigger's name is attached to it but it seems like trigger just wont be as consistent a studio as i would have hoped.

also i enjoyed stray dogs enough to watch the second episode.

25. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

Haven't felt compelled to go back to Darker Than Black after watching three episodes. Might still at some point. Watching A Certain Scientific Railgun and I really like it. Also watching Girls Und Panzer and I usually don't watch cutesy anime like it but it's nice so far.