Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

The whole mecha setup is weird in that anime.

2. GBlades

Trusted

16 episodes into Seven Deadly Sins and I'm really enjoying it. The characters. The story. The twists are really well done.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Don't most mechs have faces?

4. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

not human faces

5. SpyKi

Episode 9 of Devilman Crybaby killed me. These last couple of episodes were insane.

thenewmatthewperry and Josh like this.
  6. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

So Anno and crew (Khara) are working at Toho Studios on the new Evangelion film.

I don’t know much about animation production but it’s cool what’s potentially the final Evangelion entry from Anno being made at a studio with such a rich and broad history in Japanese film.

Josh and ikanacanyon like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. StepsInADance

finished devilman last night and wow, it's really been a long time since ive liked an anime this much.

Josh, thenewmatthewperry and SpyKi like this.
  9. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Finished Yuri on Ice! last night.

They nailed their representation of anxiety and depression but all the praise for their portrayal of a homosexual relationship didn't land well with me. It was always brought up or framed as a joke or outright downplayed in a way that just made me angry. Character development otherwise was top notch.

10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Joe likes this.
  11. StepsInADance

lol i ordered vol 4 of descending stories (shouwa genroku) and it took a while to show up so amazon told me the package was lost and that i could reorder it without being charged for the first so i did, it got here today, along with the other one so now i randomly have 2.

Raku and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  12. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

That happened to me when I ordered Xenoblade for the Switch. So I have a second copy since their system wouldn't let me return it. Weirdly it asked me to return the second item in the order.

13. shouwa genroku is good enough to warrant two copies

14. CobraKidJon

15. CobraKidJon

Ok I am done with this segment of my life

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

Bought A Silent Voice and Your Name to watch. Seen YN a few times.

Shakriel and SpyKi like this.
  17. Your Name rocks. A Silent Voice fell a bit flat for me, but I applaud their efforts to treat the subject matter seriously.

I've probably promoted it here before, but I think The Case of Hana and Alice is a very underrated recent-ish (2015) anime film.

thenewmatthewperry and Shakriel like this.
  18. SpyKi

I liked A Silent Voice more than Your Name but I had also read the manga first which adds a lot more context and content to the story.

Shakriel likes this.
  19. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

I’m very new to this, only watched Ghibli stuff and FMA Brotherhood and Attack on Titan so far. I watched Grave of the Fireflies last night...fantastic but so sad I’ll probably never watch it again.

Josh likes this.
  20. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Anime Awards live on Twitch tonight. Excited!

21. GBlades

Trusted

Tempted to tune in since it starts in like 5 minutes

22. I didn't know that was a thing, but I just skimmed the results and happy to see Land of the Lustrous and My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness there.

23. lightning

My hero academia took most of the awards lol

Raku likes this.