Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 153

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

just feels like chainsaw man has so many action setpieces with little dialogue that would take up less runtime than the average jump adaption. but youre probably right. maybe i just really want to see the inernational assassins arc animated asap lol

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

So far out of all the anime my bf has shown me, ranking of kings and spy family have been my fave. I'm starting to think if u just throw a cute kid or character in the mix I'll watch it lol

xapplexpiex likes this.
  3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

watching them back to back gave me a massive anount of happiness and now I’m watching other animes I’m back to being depressed

Kiana likes this.
  4. Marx&Recreation Aug 3, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2022)
    Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Started watching Jojo, about 6eps into Battle Tendency and Joseph is so much more fun as a MC than Jonathan

SpyKi likes this.
  5. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

LFG, if the whole thing even looks half as good as this trailer we're gonna be eating like royalty

SpyKi likes this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m so ready

7. MFA

Trailer was NOT preanimated and all clips are from the series confirmed too

emojedi likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

show is gonna fucking rip

9. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

trailer looks amazing. and the staff list that was circulating looked bananas.
    also fall was already so stacked, and now they confirm chainsaw man? wild

10. Oh shit that looks awesome. No wonder it was such a popular cosplay at AX.

11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I need oficial merch ASAP

12. MFA

I need a pochita plush so bad

13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

14. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

DBECE38F-5C61-405C-8DB4-EF133B61E349.png

Kiana likes this.
  15. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Anime News Network is reporting it as an episode, whereas that headline makes it sound like more.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Rightstuf purchase news is hilarious.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I noticed myanimelist stopped using numerical scores for user reviews, only "recommended" "not recommended" really hope they don't remove the overall numerical score as that's one of the ways I figure out which anime to watch

just watched Terror in Resonance, surprised I hadn't even heard of it until recently considering it's a Shinichirou Watanabe show but really liked it

18. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

What score number do you typically look for? I'm always interested to see scores and I feel 8 and above is usually a good benchmark. I've also had a lot of fun with some 6s and 7s, but usually only because they're entertaining trash.

I Am Mick and digitalsea like this.
  19. digitalsea

hate my favorite band Supporter

I'm with you on the MAL score system not changing. I only watch shows that are 7.0 or higher

I Am Mick likes this.
  20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I'm willing to give pretty much anything over a 7.0 a shot, but yeah 8.0 or higher is usually a good sign.

21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve only seen part one of Jojo. I decided to continue to part two. This is the most bonkers show of all time. As soon as Joseph pulled a Tommy gun out of nowhere and shot up the restaurant, I lost it.

MFA, SpyKi and Marx&Recreation like this.
  22. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I really liked the first half of TiR but the second half was definitely not as strong

I Am Mick likes this.
  23. Typically 8/10 on ANN (or IMDb for non anime) is worth watching; after a while I stopped checking scores and just watched whatever interested me, though. Now the only ratings I really pay attention to are customer reviews for things on Amazon haha

24. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

We finished Vinland Saga tonight. I’m not into historical stuff, but my wife really is and explained some things. I honestly thought Askeladd was more of a main character and a lot better written than the protagonist lol. It’s interesting WIT made it and MAPPA is making the next season…like what happened with AoT. The animation, action, music, voice acting, everything about it was top notch like a film. It did drag in some spots though. I have no idea where season two is going to go.

25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I only know bits and pieces of future content since I haven't read the manga but I also have exposed myself to items from TV Tropes, and anyway, the vibe I'm getting is that this whole first season is kind of a prologue for Thorfinn.

I totally agree with you that as the season went on, Askeladd became more prominent of a designated protagonist, and it became more about his story than Thorfinn. I think that's on purpose though. Thorfinn's development as a person is a slow burn, and it's my understanding that the next season is what really gels him into something more than what he's been.

xapplexpiex likes this.