Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 115

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Let us know how you like it. I finished the season, but it took quite a few episodes to grow on me.

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I told myself I would only watch a few episodes and I ended up watching 7 in a row so I guess I can say I’m hooked lol

xapplexpiex likes this.
  3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I decided to try another isakei and started Faraway Paladin. Holy crap this is good. A likable main character that isn’t OP, awesome animation, good pacing, and nice world building so far. Only 6 episodes so far.

4. CobraKidJon

I’m like 12 episodes into Tokyo Revengers and yeah it’s a good show for me but man these episodes feel so short with how long these recaps/OP/ED are. It felt like the last one was only maybe 17 minutes of actual content.

5. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Pet peeve of mine is when the next episode of an anime starts with the last few minutes of the previous episode. Like... why? Are viewers like goldfish?

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just finished Sonny Boy, one of the weirder shows I've seen in a long time. Really loved it, not sure I understood it.

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This has been on my list, but I was waiting for it to finish.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The sub is finished on Funimation, not sure if the dub is out yet. It's a wild ride for sure

xapplexpiex likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just finished Wonder Egg Priority, which I really loved until they introduced a totally new plot point in the final episode, didn't resolve it, and then spent half of the "special" episode finale recapping everything we've already seen and still didn't resolve anything. Wish we could get another season but I'm not optimistic.

Feels like anime series are either one rushed season, or it's a shonen that goes on for 25 seasons.

solxace and Vase Full Of Rocks like this.
  10. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Or they’re Bleach/Naruto and they do both

I Am Mick likes this.
  11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I feel like Vivy and Odd Taxi did a good job of a one-season story.

12. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I still think of Odd Taxi a lot

13. emojedi

Trusted

That soundtrack :heart:

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

right? It’s great. Been thinking about the show a lot since I finished, could see it becoming a cult hit if people give it a chance

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Just finished Gurren Lagann. Not sure how I felt about it. I liked it, but yeah, overhyped for sure.

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

if by overhyped you mean the best anime ever then yeah.

17. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

So I'm continuing my watch of the Certain series, and I'm now on Episode 7 of Index III, and I have a complaint but I realize it's not even really the anime's fault.

Frenda's death. Feels so glossed over with no time to even process what just happened. Like, it happens so quick, it's almost blink and you'll miss it.

But I realize the actual problem is because this sequence of events was written first in the Index light novels, and then her character was fleshed out afterward in the Railgun manga. And because I've decided to go in chronological order, I now have her backstory, so she means more to me as a character than she did to the series when this sequence was written.

So maybe it's my fault. Maybe I should've watched Index completely first and then watched Railgun to have the blanks filled in, and then it wouldn't seem so disjointed.

But that makes me wonder about the purpose of an adaptation. I know a lot of people complain about changes from the light novels and/or manga to anime and that's understandable since a lot of details and arcs tend to be excised for the sake of simplicity.

This however feels like a scenario where they knew what was going to happen and knew both Index and Railgun were being adapted, so they could have taken the opportunity to make the story more seamless. Maybe add information or scenes to help make things feel less hollow.

I dunno, maybe that's disrespectful to the author to alter the work, but I feel like as things are now, it just feels like compressed writing when it's technically not.

solxace likes this.
  18. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

This 100%

19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Barnes and Noble has a good manga sale. Volume one of a ton of series for $3.99.

20. I feel like Gurren Lagann is just hyperbolic wholesome masculinity, and Kill La Kill is a sort of antithesis to that.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

New One Punch Man chapter tho

22. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Don’t know which is creepier, that “God” creature or the Fire Force chapter a couple months ago where it showed a real life woman speaking to the audience lol

23. CobraKidJon

It’s finally here

xapplexpiex likes this.
  24. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

2022 gonna be wild for us casuals: demon slayer, aot, jojo, chainsaw man, JJK 0, spy x family

25. CobraKidJon

we feasting out here

also don’t forget mob psycho coming back