Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Anime • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snoblin, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

xapplexpiex likes this.
  2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

let’s goooooo

3. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Meh

4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

This is strange. The original series was so dreary and the characters so uninterested with life. The bubbly tone/banter and 4th wall breaks feels like the exact opposite

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

More Mob Psycho!

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The Cowboy Bebop anime is on Netflix now!

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. emojedi

Trusted

Okay I’ll be honest, this looks bad lol

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m actually impressed with Netflix anime right now. I decided to check out Blue Period (three episodes so far) and Komi Can’t Communicate (one episode). They’re simulcasts on Netflix and the manga gets a lot of praise. Both are excellent so far. But Komi is really getting to me emotionally. I got goosebumps towards the end. I recommend trying both.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m planning on watching Komi after it finishes airing

SpyKi likes this.
  10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m caught up with The Faraway Paladin. I’m picky when it comes to Isakais, but this one had hooked me in three episodes. The animation is great and the character designs are cool.

11. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I have been so lax in watching anime and it bothers me. I'm still watching the Index series, and I just kind of stopped watching for a long period of time and I'm just now picking it back up. I finally finished Index II, so now I just have the movie, Railgun T, and then Index III.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've never watched My Hero Academia but my theater got the movie in this week so I've occasionally poked my head in to watch it and it's baffling to me. Are there 1800 main characters? Every time I check it's another group of 15 totally different characters running around

13. CobraKidJon

I didn’t even realize the my hero movie was coming out until I was buying tickets for dune. I guess I’ll check it out next weeeknd.

14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

There seems to be significantly less hype around this movie than the last one. Maybe just around My Hero in general. Demon Slayer really sucked it all up huh?

i keep forgetting the latest season is even airing but I have no desire to start it any time soon. And I loved this show for the first few seasons.

15. CobraKidJon

I think the hype for my hero died for season 5 just because it was such a subpar season up until the end where it really took off.

I don’t even think they were really competing with anything during its air time this year. It’s just everyone’s moved on to different anime’s that’s are doing it better.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

The main class has 20 characters, class B was introduced in season two and they have 20. Then there are the teachers and pro heroes, and there are the villains too. I mean, there are five seasons and 100+ episodes, so it’s had a lot of time to set it all up.

SpyKi likes this.
  17. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Also most of the main class doesn’t really matter. There’s the main 3, then maybe 5 others who impact the plot in a notable way. The others just kinda get shoe-horned in every once in a while, specifically when they emphasize the school portion of the show.

Next season covers the best arc yet. People complained about the training competition arc in the first half of season 5, but that’s basically the calm before the storm. It gets pretty bleak from here on out (at least to where the manga is currently, which I think is probably around midway season 7)

SpyKi likes this.
  18. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

spy x family anime announced

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

that’s basically what every manga person has told me is that hopefully after this ok season 5 that season 6 and 7 should be pure excitement and sadness so I’m really hyped on that.

20. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Soooo I finished Cowboy Bebop. It’s really good, but I guess my expectations were ridiculously high because it’s called the best anime ever on a lot of places.
    I just started Gurren Lagan, just because my brother loves it. I tried the first episode a while ago and didn’t care for the tone and animation. I’m on episode three now and it’s growing on me. A big change from Cowboy Bebop.

SpyKi likes this.
  21. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Gurren Lagan is also great, but also overrated

22. CobraKidJon

Gurren Lagan is perfect

thenewmatthewperry and SpyKi like this.
  23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

All I know about Gurren Lagan is Gainax supposedly chose it over doing the Evangelion rebuild movies which seems like a willldddd choice

24. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I had the same experience as you with Cowboy Bebop, however I’m now using it as an anime I can put on once or twice a year and just enjoy it because it’s still damn good. I’m doing a rewatch of Bebop rn then Champloo to see if I still prefer Champloo over Bebop

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  25. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’m on episode three and the tone is the total opposite of Eva. That’s funny.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.