Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Animaniacs (Hulu, 2020)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by soggytime, Oct 21, 2020.

1. soggytime

Trusted

22 years of pent-up zaniness coming your way! All-new episodes of Animaniacs premiere November 20, only on Hulu!

ABOUT ANIMANIACS:
    They’re back! The Warner brothers, Yakko and Wakko, and the Warner sister Dot, have a great time wreaking havoc and mayhem in the lives of everyone they meet. After returning to their beloved home, the Warner Bros. water tower, the siblings waste no time in causing chaos and comic confusion as they run loose through the studio, turning the world into their personal playground. Joining Yakko, Wakko and Dot, fan-favorite characters Pinky and the Brain also return to continue their quest for world domination.

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yes

3. the trailer looks like a lot of fun. seeing pinky and the brain made me big smile

4. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

still watch reruns...still holds up

Im in

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

here for it

6. soggytime

Trusted

My one worry is the lack of the supporting cast outside of the Warners and P&B in this trailer. A big part of Animaniacs' charm is that its a cartoon variety show.

Like Slappy Squirrel would be great 22 years later dealing with a New New Hollywood!

And Chicken-Boo! Seriously in retrospect might be one of the funniest bits the show ever did

riotspray likes this.
  7. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

narf

8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I spy a giant, cyclops, diaper baby Trump.

9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit this is great. Cried laughing during episode 2.

10. soggytime

Trusted

I like it so far! Honestly I love the updated look. I am missing the extended original cast of characters, but there are so many things they could have gotten horribly wrong, that they didn't.

11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Watched up through episode 7 last night after watching just the first two episodes the night before. They’re not missing any beats and even address the other characters that are missing.

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Loving this so far

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This is way better than I would have expected from a 22 year old reboot

bradsonemanband and soggytime like this.
  14. soggytime

Trusted

I wonder how this plays for kids. This does feel like a show made for the adults that grew up with it first. Personally I love it.

Zilla, riotspray and LessThanTrevor like this.
  15. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

They will never better the finger Prince? joke

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  16. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

There have been quite a few jokes that may give that one a run for its money in this new season.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol the microdose one and the "high jump, which is now legal in 12 states"

Contender and LessThanTrevor like this.
  18. half way through the first episode and i'm already sold

soggytime and JRGComedy like this.
  19. soggytime

Trusted

I finished the whole thing in 2 sittings. I really love this reboot. Even though not all of it works, and I feel bad for Tom Ruegger basically being told to kick rocks, I think they did a great job of bringing this childhood favorite back.

I heard through the grapevine the show really finds its voice in its second season, which color me hyped

riotspray likes this.
  20. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Love it. Only complaint is limiting it to just the Warners and pinky brain. I'm okay with more Warners (as a kid, their stuff was always my favorite) but I don't want pinky brain everytime. Keeps the episodes fresh.

But very very enjoyable otherwise

soggytime and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. trevorshmevor Nov 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 3, 2021)
    Been watching this slowly since Friday, 8 episodes in. It’s so good!

22. soggytime

Trusted

Season 2 drops this friday ICYMI

trevorshmevor likes this.