Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Animal Flag Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 5, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

back up for free on bandcamp

this is really good as an album, won't qualify it for being on my end of year lists though

2. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

@cwhit wait, back up for free on bandcamp? did this come out today oor? i just saw your post about this on FB and i listened to it a bit before class. i like what i heard so far.

3. cwhit

this LP was two five song EPs that came out last year (maybe early this year EP2 came out idk) and reorganized into a new full length

4. Kennedy

ooooh gotchya. cool. ive seen talk on these guys for a while, your FB post reminded me id been meaning to check em out.
    i guess is that why you said it wouldnt make it on your EOTY list - because a chunk of this is stuff youve had before 2016? - or because of how much you like it?

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Ok ok alright I'll check this out

cwhit likes this.
  6. cwhit

yeah, i've been listening to these songs for a while before this official release came out. EP2 was November 2015, I don't know, I don't feel right putting something on a list that i had in different form before

7. Kennedy

no yeah, i totally feel you

8. cwhit

@Craig Ismaili said he's putting it on his top 10 anyways but he's a dork and only heard them because of me anyways

9. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Both of these statements are true.

cwhit and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This feels like a blend of bright eyes and Manchester orchestra two bands I love a lot.

KennedyBN likes this.
  11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Seeing them in Cambridge tonight. Really stoked

12. cwhit

enjoy seeing the best live band

13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Hmmm I thought Rozwell Kid was?????????!?

14. cwhit

they are also the best live band
    so are bellows
    so are ____

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Brokencyde

16. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Saw these guys this weekend. They were SO loud, it was crazy.

17. cwhit

they're incredibly dynamic too, i have rarely if even seen a band at their level as in control of their dynamics as them. helps that zach knows a lot about sound, haha

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

This is a really good record. For a release of two EPs put together, it's very cohesive and sequenced perfectly.

Also, singer sounds a lot like Noah Gundersen, which is cool

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is one of my favorite bands I was lucky enough to discover this year. "Sensation" is a song I wish I had a couple of years ago.

20. cwhit

i'm really really happy that this thread got traction this year, haha. one of my prouder successes on the boards this year

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  21. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

I saw Kevin devine, a bucket list artist, this year. And this band's set is still the one that blows me away.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  22. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I had heard both ep's and I don't know if it's just the remastering but I'm really digging this. It really elevates these tracks. So good and also the sequencing is strong. After reading the write up on bandcamp, I'm REALLY looking forward to the full lenght coming out this year.

23. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The remastering on these are incredible.

DejaMoi likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Mastering can completely change how you hear tracks

25. cwhit

the best remastering/remixing i've heard in recent years was the foxing albatross changes. it's like a totally different record