Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Animal Flag Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, May 5, 2016.

1. cwhit May 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the best band i saw i didn't already love at broken world fest. RIYL: all get out, manchester orchestra, really dynamic, catchy, well written alt rock

2. cwhit

back to the top

3. pliablefoe

yessss, recently got to see these guys in CT with Emperor X! They're riff lords. I can't wait to open for 'em in July, definitely one of the best bands on BWM right now.

4. cwhit

ahhhh fuck so jealous. Didn't loner chic play that too? Last US emperor X show too, ughhhh

5. pliablefoe

yeah Loner Chic was on that as well! in fact, i'm gigging with them in exactly a week, pretty pumped.

6. tshreve

Metalicca

Yo are you Sean lmao

7. tshreve

Metalicca

Also I put off this band for a long time because their name and general shows they were on for whatever reason made me expect something really different but holy shit they are so good

8. pliablefoe

9. tshreve

Metalicca

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Well, a Casey rec with some top notch RIYLs. To say I have high hopes for these guys is an understatement.

11. cwhit

Hope you dig it, Cody! Recorded stuff is good but definitely not as good as them live.

12. Cody

Will keep that in mind, are they touring at all right now?

Also, you should like link me to a list of shit you're digging this year. I've already fallen way behind.

13. cwhit

Not entirely sure, don't think they tour that much outside of short strings in the north east, maybe with a bigger summer tour.

I'll get a list together for you when I get home tonight from Mother's Day, but if you need one release I guarantee you'll like, listen to the Japanese Breakfast record. Singer of Little Big League's new band, she's real influenced by Liz Phair and the like. It's so you

14. cwhit

alright cool. things i think you'd like from this year (skipping things i'm pretty sure you've heard, like pinegrove, daughter, etc).

japanese breakfast - psychopomp (told you earlier)
    mal blum - you look a lot like me (came out last year, but would probably be my #1 if it came out this year)
    car seat headrest - teens of denial (comes out in a few weeks, indie rock at its best, record is going to be at the top of at on of lists this year)
    chairlift - moth (great pop music, friends with grimes)
    florist - the birds outside sang (lo-fi indie pop, in the epoch with eskimeaux and told slant)
    free cake for every creature - talking quietly of anything with you (more lo-fi indie pop)
    hurry - guided meditation (super fun power pop record, member of everyone everywhere)
    outer spaces - a shedding snake (baltimore indie rock band, sounds like waxahatchee)
    slingshot dakota - break (keyboard led emo pop, some great songs here)
    white lung - paradise (second favorite of the year so far, shredding punk music that decided to go all shimmering pop on this one)

we'll start here.

15. Cody

Oh fuck yeah. This is perfect. Thanks, buddy. Will hit up Japanese Breakfast tonight 4 sure.

16. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This band is fantastic, I hope we can get a full length soon.

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

This is around now? Been really wanting to hear it

18. cwhit

not out yet, few more weeks. haven't heard it yet, wanted to get it on the radar though. booked them for a radio show a while back, one of my favorite locals. one of dan deacon's collaborators is in the band as well

19. Cody

Let's see, so far a hearty thumbs up to the whole Japanese Breakfast record, as well as to the Mal Blum, White Lung and Hurry tracks I checked out; those albums are certainly on the listen list for post-work. Slingshot Dakota I will likely check out the full thing of too based on strength of past releases, but the one song I heard off the newest one didn't super hook me. So fuck yeah, thanks so far man. List already came through.

Also, this second Animal Flag EP is fucking nuts. "Cathedrals" is so, so good.

20. cwhit

bump, just listened to the second EP again, this is so good

Cody Nelson likes this.
  21. Cody

Seriously Cathedrals is fucking insane.

22. cwhit

they just announced a show the same day as young jesus and kill me now so i don't have to make a decision

23. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Put off this band because I thought they were related somehow to Black Flag. Both EP's so so ridiculously good it hurts.

Cody Nelson likes this.
  24. cwhit

yayyyyyyyy
    hopefully seeing them friday, depends on what time young jesus ends/what time they go on. fingers crossed

25. cwhit

image.jpeg

Cody Nelson likes this.