Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Animal Flag - Void Ripper (April 13, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 5, 2018.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'd bother sai or alex to give it to me but it's soon enough i can wait. ah well

2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Lol

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Fair is an immediate favorite

4. cwhit

this album is very different than the last one

Zac Djamoos, Contender and teebs41 like this.
  5. cwhit

hey i just got there, this song rules.

Zac Djamoos and teebs41 like this.
  6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

K

Snewt, teebs41, cwhit and 1 other person like this.
  7. cwhit

it's super cool how they got a bunch of boston people to help out with backing vocals on the record though. definitely really feels like a community record in some regards.

Zac Djamoos, teebs41 and KidLightning like this.
  8. cwhit

also anyone who had production concerns from the first track does not need to worry about the rest, this record sounds great

Zac Djamoos, teebs41 and KidLightning like this.
  9. cwhit

pretty sure the title track was one of the songs they've been playing live

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Hyppppeee

cwhit likes this.
  11. cwhit

it's why i still do what i can do, haha

teebs41 likes this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I keep forgetting this is coming out so it definitely helps!

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  13. cwhit

yeah i got two listens in. this a very quick record. i like it much more than i expected from the single, it's definitely very different than the debut but it's very good. less focused on alt rock and much more weird music stuff going on. lots of backing vocals, and what i hear is that it's a bunch of people from the boston music scene.

hype

TheBaroness, Kennedy, Haruni and 3 others like this.
  14. Leftandleaving

How good is that riff

15. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Technically this is their first album:

And LP was a compilation of Ep & Ep2 but I'm sure they consider LP their debut and this is the follow-up.

boddupops likes this.
  16. cwhit

they do. since the early stuff is basically just matt solo project, they weren't really a band until the EPs

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

There is also Flood of Sunlight but that's all instrumental stuff basically.

boddupops likes this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Interesting that this is now under the Animal Flag moniker and not under the Bad Dreams name

19. boddupops

this thread is wild

hi team!

20. boddupops

so as i'm sure a lot (most?) of y'all discerned, the version of i can hear you laugh is totally different than the one on the coach comp, which is actually something matt did completely by himself in 2014/15. the new one is lyrically/musically different and has the full band on it! is there a leak of this album going around somewhere??? i'm not mad or anything i just think it's hilarious :-) also, this album was fucking treacherous to make, it took us a super long time and got interrupted by life more than once, and since we did everything from top to bottom ourselves (except for mastering), the production choices aren't the obvious ones that i think a band that sounds like us would make, and i think there are certain elements that you'd have to listen to more than once for it to sink in... maybe not, idk. i have a feeling people are either going to fuck with this album or hate it, not too much in between, but who knows!

Kennedy, Joe4th, TheBaroness and 8 others like this.
  21. Leftandleaving

No it didn’t leak!

Also I do think the new version of ICHYL is better than the original

boddupops and teebs41 like this.
  22. boddupops

thanks :-) it's honestly just such a relief to know that this album is going to see the light of day

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We are super excited for this record! I think you guys have so much potential, can’t wait to hear what you did here. Also think the single rips pretty hard!

24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Its honestly one of my most anticipated records of the entire year! Can't wait to hear it!

KidLightning, teebs41 and boddupops like this.
  25. boddupops

y'all are very nice, it means more than you know to me and the rest of the band that people care about what we're doing, especially specifically this album. we're hoping to be on the road a few times this summer and cover most of the U.S. too! rehearsing these songs live has been wild and some of them def sound different than the album versions, but it's going to be a blast to rip em live