Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angus & Julia Stone Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by WhosBroden?, Apr 8, 2016.

1. WhosBroden? Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Yesterday evening I revisited the beauty that is Down the Way, and I've come to the conclusion that it's still my personal album of the decade thus far - a profoundly stunning and exquisite listen from start to finish.

For those unfamiliar with the Australian brother/sister duo of Angus and Julia Stone, I highly recommend checking out their debut full-length A Book Like This and also their self-titled album that was released in 2014. They're one of those bands that don't have a single weak track in their entire back catalog.

2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

can't stand julia's voice but I love angus' lol

3. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Haha, blasphemy. Julia has one of the loveliest vocal deliveries I've heard!

Have you heard Angus' new stoner rock project, Dope Lemon? They have a track called "Uptown Folks" and it's ridiculously good. They're putting the finishing touches on a full-length due out in a few months. Going to be a beaut!

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Love them together. Love them apart. Love them in general. I'd really love a new album from them this year.

5. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Ugh, I've fallen in love with this track all over again.

6. angel paste

oh hey that dope lemon album is out I just found it today, gonna give it a listen!

7. angel paste

this records very different than what I expected from Uptown Folks!

very cool vibe, the title track is great.

8. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Bump to say I saw them tonight in Chicago and it was perfect. They played for an hour and 45 minutes.

9. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

This is such a good cover, they can do no wrong