Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angie Tribeca (TBS) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by kbeef2, Apr 3, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Cop show parody in the style of Police Squad! Season 2 premieres June 6th.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Need to finish S1, but the first half (what I saw) was really funny.

3. I didn't know season 2 was on the way already. I haven't heard much about it since it was released, so I was afraid it was going to be a one season and done show. The Naked Gun movies are some of my all-time favorites, so naturally I loved season 1. My only complaint would be that there were a few gags that were taken directly from those movies. That being said, definitely looking forward to the second season!

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I really enjoyed the show, but it starts to drag in the later half of the season.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yet another show I need to finish in time for S2.

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I never got around to the last two or three but I liked everything else I saw. I'll watch the last few before the second season premieres.

7. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Totally forgot about this after they gave up that plan of debuting season 2 like a week after the season 1 marathon.

8. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Just started S2, loving the tonal shift

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really need to get back on board with this. I feel sorry for this show. Seems like no on knows about it and the people that do (myself included) don't watch it.

10. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, if I didn't see AV Club review an episode I wouldn't have even known it was back on

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

The way they released this show was kinda strange and I think it hurt it. They dropped all of season one at once, and not to Netflix or something where it could be binged easily, making it difficult for people to watch it. I think it's on Hulu now, but I don't know how much time passed between the airing of the show and when it wound up available to stream, so I think people kinda forgot about it. Season 2 was supposed to come out right after, but it got postponed and is just now starting up, but now they are airing it weekly. Plus I've seen virtually no marketing for S2 other than a podcast appearance or two by a couple of cast members. I think this show is really funny and if given a chance could get a decent fan base, but I don't foresee this show lasting beyond S2 unfortunately.

12. Last night I randomly remembered that S2 was coming sometime in June, and I checked on demand to find the first two episodes available. Really surprised that they seem to have gone to the standard weekly release format after making such a big deal out of releasing all of S1 at once. I was looking forward to binge-watching another season, but for some reason I'm less excited about this show in 30-minute-per-week increments.

13. marceting

Trusted

They played 2 episodes back to back to start S2.

14. I saw that, but it looks like it's going to be just one episode per week going forward. I'll still watch it for sure, just kind of disappointed I can't binge watch it. I thought the show was perfect for that format.

15. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This show actually fucking rocks. Really surprised at how much I like it.

16. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The intro song, the screaming/puking cop, this is just such perfect slapstick/spoof comedy. The extended ferret bit at the beginning of episode 6, man, killed me.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I wish the intro/screaming bit carried into S2.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

dead at Geils' ringtone being Tubthumping, Tanner's being This is How We Do It and Hoffman's being Regulate

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Renewed

20. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yessss

21. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Nice. I was afraid this was done for.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen