Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 93

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

God I love Tom's voice.

Mcrx and Raku like this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yesterday Tom posted an anti-Trump graphic on IG and it led to MAGA bros blowing up his comments. So today he made 4 more posts in a row bashing Trump. The amount of trolls that are surfacing is absurd.

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I am really happy Tom is speaking up on this.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Good job Thomas

moore182 likes this.
  5. lol nice. not mad at it.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It gets even better lol

Screenshot_20201027-145634.png

7. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

8. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Mcrx likes this.
  9. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just realized that the 4 newest AVA songs credit Aaron Rubin as a producer and co writer on Spotify.

I'm so glad Tom's working with an official producer again, it's paying off. Been doing a discography run through this week and this new stuff sticks out so much. The production is crisper, and the songwriting is fresh. And his voice sounds so much better and doesnt have the reverb cranked to 11. No more drawn out intros, no more songs that take over 2 minutes to reach the hook. And no recycled melodies or riffs. I'm really excited for this record, I think it could definitely be their best one.

Also I find it so ironic that 5 years ago Tom was bashing Mark and Travis for wanting to work with a producer, co writers, and do collabs......Now AVA has an EDM collab out, and a forthcoming album that was producer and a co-writer.

beachdude, Mcrx, Raku and 2 others like this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

However, how much of “working with a producer” is it really since he’s just working with the drummer’s brother?

Didn’t Aaron also produce the Dream Walker?

Mcrx likes this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Aaron was the engineer for Dream Walker but he didn't receive a producer credit or songwriting credit.

Plus I don't really think it matters that Aaron is related to Illan. He's someone who is not a member of the band having a voice in the room. Definitely didnt seem like something Tom was open to for years.

beachdude, Mcrx and Raku like this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Also wanna add that I put on Valkyrie Missile just now, and it took 3 minutes and 30 seconds to reach the first chorus. And the first 70 seconds of the song is just an organ playing 2 notes. How the hell did I have the patience for this song haha

13. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Bummed that Aaron said only half the album is tracked. Given the pandemic and Tom shooting a feature film we won't hear anything till next summer unless touring suddenly becomes a thing again.

beachdude, Mcrx and Raku like this.
  14. jackyjackyjack

Regular

I can't believe Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell came out well over a year ago now. There was me thinking an album was going to follow shortly after those :(

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

No chance Tom would release an album during these times. He'd definitely want to tour it to maximise the money To The Stars can make.

Raku likes this.
  16. Heron182

Regular

At least release the documentary and make $$$ of that I definitely wanna see the final movie

beachdude, Mcrx, Raku and 1 other person like this.
  17. drummerAVA

Trusted

I legit forgot all about that...

beachdude, Raku and DyingGaslight like this.

18. this is my favorite of the 3 versions

manoverboard365 likes this.
  19. Heron182

Regular

lol yeah I’ve been waiting for it or at least give us a 5 minute snippet

20. Mcrx

Regular

It's funny! I feel like the last time I played this, I really liked it...maybe cuz it was a live take and I was doing something else too, but I've definitely been annoyed by both this and Distraction (as well as a couple others) for their dang long intros or sometimes outros. *shrugs*

Hmm, I've only seen one version out there so far, and this is a different one. Didn't know there were 3! T bh, I'm skeptic because the original I loved so much! Not sure if I'm afraid of something better, or just disappointed for wasting my time. Lol

21. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Definitely like this more than the first remix released. Original still is tops for me.

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. drummerAVA

Trusted

Not surprised... come back to music, Tom.

Raku likes this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Not surprising because I still have no idea what TTSAS even was supposed to be.

Raku likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

They're gonna make a spaceship that will disappear in a ball of light