Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 91

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

the quality is horrendous. I didn’t get one, but from pictures I’ve seen it’s all really crappy quality. Cool to look at from afar but the details look really messy. It was also advertised to be bigger than what the end product came out to be.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

the attention to detail on mine was horrendous. The invader pickup was crooked, they half-assed painted black dots on the pickup, the guitar isn’t surf green like what was advertised, it’s baby blue, it had a backplate which Tom’s replicas do not have, the tuners were crooked and bent to shit, the fender logo was messed up, and the guitar case was just cardboard and didn’t have the fender logo on it as advertised.

some people are getting some that look okay, but most others I’ve seen they look pretty bad. All in all it was a poor take on a replica and TTS/Tom had no problem sending them out to people.

Some people probably bought it for Tom’s signature (his initials), which is fine if that what’s you care about most, but there’s ton of Signature TD Strat fans that bought it for the guitar replica/model and were let down by the quality and attention to detail on a simple looking guitar.

Mcrx likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I remember purchasing the mp3 version of the DW demos through the AVA website. There’s 26 tracks. It’s worth the money.

Mcrx likes this.
  4. drummerAVA

Trusted

Anyone have TDW instrumentals?

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

I got my replica yesterday and it looks great. The pickup is a little cheap looking but it's nowhere near as bad as that picture that was circulating around last week. Plus it's definitely a real signature which is cool.

Mcrx likes this.
  6. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I just wish he signed the back not the front.

7. Dog Fish

Mutt

post pix

8. If each mini guitar that Tom and/or Mark put out was like... as much as a Funko Pop, I'd buy them all

9. The Comfort Sep 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 29, 2020)
    RE: album talk. There is no way Rise would let them release an album currently with no ability to tour off of it. My band is on a way smaller scale and we've been told by our label to wait until shows are closer. Only reasons bands have released music is because they would have been too far along in the process to stop it or they just wanted to regardless.

sawhney[rusted]2, Mcrx, Raku and 2 others like this.
  10. manoverboard365

Trusted

11. Dog Fish

Mutt

looks about right

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Tried posting the pic above but it doesn’t look like it’s showing? Not sure why. Here’s just a link to my Instagram post

Mcrx, Raku and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

you got a good one out of the bunch.

Raku and manoverboard365 like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Here are pics I pulled. Mine was similar to these. I got my money back.

58A699BD-A958-4FF6-B73D-A79CF1BEA88E.png A6A4FA49-AD93-4FDA-872F-5FF0798F7003.png
    67AB9567-DFA7-47F7-902D-24CD2367D0D3.png
    DCF9F9C6-EDEC-4C40-A7AF-C4A246445D6F.png

15. razorburn

Trusted

16. Mcrx

Regular

I saw those...er wait, not the demos or maybe both demos and the album?? But for some reason, I'll never purchase mp3s. Idk just something about having a hard copy. It IS good stuff tho!

Also, I guess that was you with the Tom Fender. Did it really say Fends?! What else was wrong? (I'm not really in the know on this stuff, and it's still hard to tell things in photos)

Stuff crooked, maybe?? As far as the materials, I can't tell tho. Er, maybe the strings??

Raku likes this.
  17. Mcrx

Regular

Sorry. I didn't see this before, so nevermind the above. I did a pretty good guess tho, right? ;)

18. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Raku likes this.
  19. drummerAVA

Trusted

7824A6CF-F4C1-4890-AF3A-E08D3AFEB4F9.jpeg

Jk Tom, you’re great

Mcrx and Raku like this.
  20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Tom is again releasing another film with this album so it will be delayed a few times I think if past album/film launches are to go by with AvA.

Mcrx and Raku like this.
  21. Mcrx

Regular

Interview with David Kennedy!!

David Parke and Daniel182 like this.
  22. Omg this host is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Mcrx likes this.
  23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Nice I look forward to listening to this later!

Mcrx likes this.
  24. Heron182

Regular

That’s Hoya from madball was in hazen street with David

bradsonemanband and Mcrx like this.
  25. Mcrx

Regular

Oh yea, I didn't get to add much before, but if you didn't already know, the host was in a band with David like between Boxcar and AVA. And also, I unfortunately learned about kopi luwak and while once admiring David, I'm kinda scared now he knows firsthand what that is. (Gross!!!) Still think he's super rad though!