Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 90

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I've never enjoyed Distraction. I thought one day I might enjoy Distraction. Nope, still hate Distraction. Just a meandering song over the same 3 chords for 5 and a half minutes.

That being said, I love the rest of Whisper.

2. drummerAVA

Trusted

I just like how big Distraction sounds... I’m a sucker for Atom’s drums on that entire album. One of my favorites of all time in that regard... The way they were recorded, it just amps up the mix so much.

3. In a "live" (heavily edited) version they've posted I think it might be that one where he has the USA flag, he changes the melody the last chorus and makes it so much more epic, wish it was like that in the original recording.

4. TSLROCKS Sep 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 23, 2020)
    TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Yea Live on Larry King they streamed one of their first shows in San Diego I believe and it sounded incredible

they have little bits of the show playing through the documentary they released years ago but I would love to have a copy of that live show

DyingGaslight likes this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

This what we're talking about? -

chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

God I would much rather Tom use the most obvious auto tune live than nothing at all.

7. drummerAVA

Trusted

Dial it up to 11... I want to see what it sounds like lol.

HelloThisIsDog likes this.
  8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Something like this

bradsonemanband likes this.
  9. Whenever I see an old live video of AVA, I like them less than I did before.

10. I fucking love that movie and I don't care who judges me for it!

Vs. likes this.
  11. Mcrx

Regular

I wasn't really as familiar with Good Day, but I've really been liking it now! Such a positive song, and I've kinda been having good days, so it's just nice.

Same with Valkyrie Missile-Well, it's growing on me, I mean. I have been watching some live performances and I believe it has had some memorable moments. I can't remember for sure, but one was dedicated to soldiers Tom met that said they loved AVA.

12. Mcrx

Regular

I like the chorus and sentiment "I'll be your distraction", but the rest of the song is long and samey... actually, I seem to skip the first 2 tracks...but isn't that Valkyrie?? Yea. Haha oops!

I actually just get very depressed, because Tom was so entertaining. I love his voice and moves and miss it. That being said, I'm so proud of him today and am lately trying to focus my views on the latest tour. Cuz there are some great moments there too, and I think he's working with Rubin on his voice and the newer songs suit him better now, so there's hope! Heheh I just hope he can come to find his old dance moves too. He's got it, but that like rap pointing (or band conducting?) stuff ...well, lol, it just gets old. I know of folks who would hate me for saying this though. Lol Sorry, but I'm just being honest with what I like. Guess it really doesn't matter what I think though.

13. Mcrx

Regular

me again :D

staying up all night watching AVA live videos :heart: + L)ve ;)

14. kylewalker_

Newbie Supporter

Any idea when the new album drops??

Raku likes this.
  15. as far as i know, there hasn't been any new timeline announced. i would guess it won't be out til 2021 though, or whenever they're able to tour on it.

kylewalker_ and Raku like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think it was originally suppose to be this fall. It’s definitely 2021 now. If I remember correctly, early 2021. It’s already been over a year since the album process began.

Raku likes this.
  17. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

With touring on hiatus for who knows how long, I hope they release it sooner rather than later.

Raku likes this.
  18. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Don’t you know the formula? Take Tom’s initial year estimate, multiply by the amount of “coming soon” updates, add 69 days.

Factors us to about early summer 2021. Bookmark this post.

Mcrx, David Parke, Raku and 4 others like this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

We should place bets on what comes out first, new AVA or Van Weezer.

Weezer released their first single in August 2019 for an album that's now placeholder release date in May 2021.
    Ava released their first single in April 2019, no release date for the album yet.
    The longest album cycles ever.

20. drummerAVA

Trusted

An announcement is coming soon... for another announcement... “soon...”

Mcrx and Raku like this.
  21. With them being on an actual label now, I thought this was finally the time when Tom would have to actually have a set deadline/release date in mind. But then the world went to shit, so I feel like the entire country is now on Tom o'clock which is just a giant shrug emoji.

Mcrx, CoachBalke, David Parke and 6 others like this.
  22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I’m going to guess it’s mainly just a distribution deal. They’re just there to release it and promote it once it’s ready.

Raku and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Anyone order the mini strat?

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I did and got my money back. It was terrible looking.

25. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Oh no! Mine is supposed to be in Friday.... Whats wrong with it?