Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 89

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

For me, Rebel Girl was a fine, typical AVA song that benefitted from being the first song I’d heard Tom singing on in a while. It’s fun but nothing that stuck with me for more than a week or so.

kiss and tell sounds like 2 or 3 ideas strung together to varying degrees of success.

The third one is a song that happened? I guess? I remember it sounding like another song in parts but that’s pretty much it.

Will still listen to the album of course. Expectations are low but hey, can only go up!

2. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

The song at 1.26 in that clip video is the most exciting to me. I want more of the heavy power chord riff stuff than the synthy stuff.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn’t this have a target release of last fall?

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think that was initially the target, but then covid hit and Tom said he was using the extra to to write more. Tom was also getting pressure from his manager to finish the album. I'm sure the label wants to hold out too. It's a pretty big release for the label, I'd say.

Raku and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. Mcrx

Regular

Ok, so I don't think that I said this yet, but if I did-oops!

Still listening to the I Empire regularly, as it's all I currently own, and I believe Lifeline is a classic U2 style song. I love it, btw! That intro and the bass coming in with that progression-perfect to my ears! :D

"We all make mistakes, here's your lifeline"

And this line I just really like for some reason

"If you want it I want to"

Is there an official meaning for this song? I'd be curious to know.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. Mcrx Aug 30, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 30, 2020)
    Mcrx

Regular

Oh, question- Wikipedia says you can find all of the unreleased demos of ?The Dream Walker? era on the To The Stars website, but I don't see anything free. Does it mean for purchase, or did they remove it?

I think I found it elsewhere though. Oh, wait, is this his solo stuff? (The odds and ends demos) I'm confused! Sounds so unlike AVA!

Hmm, maybe I can't play them all. Anyone know how I heart radio works?

7. That’s what Tom was “working on for blink” before they moved on without him in 2015. It was his knee-jerk release.
    Brooks Wackerman plays drums on it and Ilan’s brother helped work on it. I forget what his official role in it was

sawhney[rusted]2 and Mcrx like this.
  8. Mcrx

Regular

Ilan's brother, is that Aaron Rubin? The new producer?

9. Ya. Couldn’t think of his name

Mcrx likes this.
  10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

There was a Dream Walker demos release,

The Dream Walker Demos Deluxe Digital

You can probably find the good ones on youtube for free.

Mcrx likes this.
  11. drummerAVA

Trusted

I think they dropped The Dream Walker instrumentals at one point too and I missed out on those. :anguish:

Mcrx likes this.
  12. Mcrx

Regular

Oh man! Not exactly AVA, but it's TTS.
    Heard Tom's Demos Odds and Ends last night. I love those!! I could totally hear some Blink and AVA moments in there, and maybe even BCR or just solo stuff! Did Tom ever actually release any solo stuff? I think just him singing with acoustic guitar could be magical! :)

13. Dog Fish

Mutt

upload_2020-8-31_15-51-56.png

14. Mcrx

Regular

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Kinda funny, but yesterday I noticed, based on feel and material, my newest AVA tshirt and TTS sweatshirt are better quality than any of my brand name tshirts/sweatshirts lol.

Mcrx and Raku like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

One Tree Hill performance for those who've never seen this. They performed Secret Crowds and Lifeline.

Secret Crowds

Lifeline

B-Roll

17. Mcrx

Regular

Question- are there just the 3 short films for the Whisper album? And if so, wtheck?! I want to know what happens in the story!

18. deflector

formerly pizzatime

So, in retrospect, is "It Hurts" the most incel song of all time?

sawhney[rusted]2 and coleslawed like this.
  19. Mcrx Sep 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2020)
    Mcrx

Regular

^what??! No, I don't think so.

I was actually thinking about that song again a lot last night. Pretty sure Tom (or the narrator of the song) is saying he slept with his friend's girlfriend and that's how he knows the girl is cheating.

Anyway, I came to discuss both WDNTW and Love 1&2 (or mostly 1).

Well, I was just curious folks' faves from WDNTW-I was thinking Do it for Me Now, but It Hurts is actually pretty powerful... I also really like The War and The Adventure though (solid songs). You?

And I guess just with Love-I think I really like My Heroine :D

Is this a legit video for it? Official?

Oh, definitely not legit. Lol They screw up my favorite lyric "a reverie", not "revelry". Lol

20. Valerie missile is the best angels song IMO and the only one I go back to on that first record.

Mcrx and JamesMichael like this.
  21. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Distraction, Adventure, The War, A Little's Enough, Do It For Me Now, Valkyrie Missile, Good Day.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

That song is really good, especially first thing in the morning watching a sunrise. I think my favorite song of theirs is “Heaven” though. That song just hits for me.

David Parke likes this.
  23. I almost put that as my runner up. So glad they play it

24. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Could really use a new song right now. There hasn't been much posting about the recording, so maybe they're into mixing the album now? Wish we'd get some news.

Raku likes this.
  25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Valkyrie, Do It For Me Now, The Adventure, A Little's Enough, The War, The Gift, Good Day, Start The Machine. Could do without the other tracks - yes, including It Hurts.