Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 86

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mcrx

Regular

This tonight. :D

AlwaysEvolving21 and Daniel182 like this.
  2. ItsJoe

Joe

I love watching this. I wish they had released more footage from that San Diego show though. There is a video bootleg on YT though of the whole set.

Mcrx likes this.
  3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

That San Diego show has always been something I wanted to get my hands on. That recording is amazing and I love the way the songs came out in that show vs the album

Distraction is infinitely better

Mcrx likes this.
  4. ItsJoe

Joe

I used to love the way they'd end 'Valkyrie Missile' and transition into 'It Hurts'. Oh, and the outro to 'Good Day' into 'The Machine'.

Mcrx likes this.
  5. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Say all you want about Tom's UFO theories, but I just finished the 1st Sekret Machines fiction story book "Chasing Shadows" and it is written (by AJ Hartley) very well and as a scifi/Alien/UFO dude myself, I really enjoy the little bits of real life incidents (real or not) thrown in and made to work within a story. Same reason I love when Marvel throws in Nazis and high tech, etc.

I just bought the Gods, Man & War book #1 which is the "Non-fiction" book and so far it's more like.. observational.. And just kind of like Von Danikens "Chariots of The Gods" was.. it just presents cases and asks questions, etc.

moore182, Mcrx and sonder like this.
  6. Mcrx

Regular

I can't recall now if I mentioned here how I really enjoyed "The Gift" performance. But anyway, I found that one on YT, as well as War and The Adventure, but didn't find anything more. It's bootleg, so is it not right to share it here then? Because I'd definitely be interested I seeing that whole show, if I could!

So I'm getting a mixed review here. Do you also like the non fiction one or what? I haven't read them yet, but I think I'd probably like the fiction better. I just like a good story, but I also worry that a nonfiction would be long and boring at times...but I'm also not very well versed in the subject matter.

And, I'm confused. If Tom didn't write them, or write the fiction (which is it?), then how is he involved? Is it a TSA thing?

7. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I very much enjoy it all. Tom had a NewYorkTimes Best Selling author write the fiction story, he gave him what to mold the story around (Dates, places, events, UFO things..) And then the author just made up characters and its a fictional story following like a pilot, a fortune 500 heiress, a conspiracy reporter chick, etc..

The non-fiction one I JUST started but I really like it so far.. Example being, it opens telling "What if this happened.." and they tell the story of the Cargo Cult from WW2 (Cargo cult - Wikipedia) but they set it up like.. "Strange loud machines from the sky.." So they try to show how like a primitive people could think reality is supernatural.

From what I can tell, the non-fiction one was written by Tom and a guy named Peter Levenda.. Im willing to bet Tom had the other guy write most of it, but I have no idea what was written by who. It just says the book is by both of them.

moore182 and Mcrx like this.
  8. Mcrx

Regular

Really loving Sirens lately. Dadada dadada... ;)

Omg! Lol talk about messing up lyrics! I thought it was "nervous like a knife fight" the real lyrics make more sense. Haha :P

9. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

It IS that, isnt it? Ive always sang that and even lyric sites say that haha.

Mcrx and David Parke like this.
  10. drummerAVA

Trusted

Sirens always struck me as like a new-age “The Police” song...

It hit me when they played it live, back in the day. They’d drop it down a half step, or whatever, plus a lot of cool hi-hat work by Atom, and it all really brought out that “Message In A Bottle” / “Every Breath You Take” kind of vibe...

Mcrx likes this.
  11. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I think Tom uses the word "star" or "stars" in every song on I-Empire.

Or it feels that way at the very least.

Mcrx and David Parke like this.
  12. Mcrx

Regular

Huh! Thats weird! I mean, you're right, but the first thing you see on the Google search says "it hurts like a knife fight" lol

I'm listening to a Blink podcast right now, so I can't like think of the songs, but I totally got a vibe on one of the AVA songs. I'll think of it again. Hehe

13. Mcrx

Regular

listening to Sirens right now, still not sure this is the "Police" song... @drummerAVA

but lately I've been on about this, Anxiety. And I just found out tonight that there was actually a music video for it?!! Nice!!

14. MRose24

Regular

I remember when the Love movie premiered in theaters and they played the music video debut to anxiety right after it (or before?)

Mcrx likes this.
  15. drummerAVA

Trusted

Check the chorus on this... when they drop it down for the live show, it brings it out a bit more.

manoverboard365 and Mcrx like this.
  16. God I hated Tom’s singing during this era.

17. drummerAVA

Trusted

He has definitely sounded better...

David Parke likes this.
  18. Mcrx Aug 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2020)
    Mcrx

Regular

I'll check that out @drummerAVA but I actually came on here to comment on Lifeline. I feel that was the one with strong (was it Police though or U2??) vibes.

edit: btw, I am just living for that song right now :heart:

edit again: lol I forgot to ask...so like what song DOES this remind me (us?) of?? It's like on the tip of my tongue, but I can't. Maybe "Beautiful Day" by U2? but is there a U2 or Police song with that bassline??

19. Mcrx

Regular

Ok, well, I think the "novelty" has just worn off now. I can only hear this as an AVA song now. LOL I'll have to listen to Police songs again sometime. Not tonight though.

also @David Parke Booooo!!! I think this was a nice clip! Not great, but not bad either. Definitely not his worst. I may be bias though. :D

20. Mcrx Aug 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2020)
    Mcrx

Regular

Also, came across this tonight. :crylaugh: Is this NSFW? I think just a language/dirty words warning is all that's needed.

I mean, like for 2 full minutes at the beginning... :-O:crylaugh:

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  21. johnthegawd Aug 16, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 16, 2020)
    johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

i remember sitting in the theatre after getting my seat and to my surprise, david kennedys brother jacob and what im guessing was his whole family walked in and sat a few rows in front of me. Did some research and turns out he lived in my state for a while.

then about a month later i ran into him at a bar. he said he liked my macbeth shoes and bought me a beer. solid dude.

22. Mcrx

Regular

Actually, today I was wondering if Anxiety was the one that made me think of Police! But now I don't know again. Lol

23. Isn’t bullets in the wind the blatant police rip-off track?

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Sirens would've been all over the radio if it was released as a Blink single.

AlwaysEvolving21 and Raku like this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

And yeah the Anxiety video premiered after the Love movie. And then they did that "acoustic" 3 song performance and it was the most painful thing to sit through.

MRose24, David Parke and chewbacca110 like this.