Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. airik625 Aug 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 22, 2017)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Just now realized they released a 4 track acoustic set of WDNTW songs. Cool. It's really the only album I enjoy from A&A.

Edelane likes this.
  2. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I really like "Overload", especially the stuttering in the chorus.

truelovewaits likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Recently I've fallen into a wormhole of all things old AVA. It's funny how back during the WDNTW era we were complaining about Tom's singing. It really doesn't sound so bad compared to what he sounds like live now.......

4. abear182

Regular

I always forget Ryan Sinn was in this band! Did we ever get a reason on why he left?

5. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Tom's ego pretty much.

Also, a side story. Back in the day, I was in an AvA forum, and he gave his AIM screenname. I messaged him, and he seemed to be tripping out. He was saying things like: "if you believe you can fly, you can."

6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I just can't imagine him ever playing a real full show for AVA/blink ever again. It's hard to imagine his already shitty voice is even going to live up to that shitty standard since he clearly is not practicing singing in his live show hiatus. Like at least with an album he can try to mask it with effects on effects and program and all that, but my god, I dread the next time he ever tries to sing in front of an audience.

7. abear182

Regular

Surely this will just be signed by Tom :crylaugh:

8. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Seriously.

Who the hell is "us"? AVA has not been a band in like 6 years. I do not consider Ilan making 95% of that album and then leaving as a "band."

9. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

He will forge names.

skurt likes this.
  10. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Tim dillysilly

11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

really hoping for some new AVA in 2018. Last LP was great as well as last two EPs.

12. The EP was good. Could NOT get into TDW. I’m ok with not hearing from Ava for a while. Let tom get his shit done so he can focus. I say 5 years. No hyperbole

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. I liked Dream Walker but not the EP. Haha. "Mercenaries" is a top 5 AVA song.

beachdude42 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love Dream Walker. Tom was on the right track with that album. Then he quit blink again like a biotch.

15. Mercenaries is the only redeemable quality of TDW for me actually. Lol. And by the EP, I mean Chasing Shadows - NOT of nightmares. I couldn’t hum one song off of of nightmares if I tried.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Hated Dream Walker, Love Part 1 was their most recent good album

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah LOVE 1 was Tom’s last good album. Crazy enough that album just turned EIGHT years old. Wow.

Neighborhoods was fine but it was more of a “HOLY FUCK BLINK IS BACK” moment in my history and I appreciate it for that. LOVE ll should have been an EP made up of the first 4-5 tracks with the last song.

The Dream Walker, the two EP’s, and his solo album mean nothing to me and are clearly half assed put together nonsense to sell his other shit.

bradsonemanband and David Parke like this.
  18. skurt

I would check out a new AvA album in 2018, can't saying i'm anticipating one to any degree.
    He did say a Strange Times "music album" is coming this year.

Larry David likes this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

He’s called all his EP’s an album at one point before. I wouldn’t expect a full album from him. It’ll be another 4-5 song thing, thrown together last minute to sell a bundle or new book.

David Parke, Dirty Sanchez and skurt like this.
  20. skurt

Correct, which is why I have no measurable anticipation level for it.

Donnie Ruth and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  21. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

well TDW is already going on 4 years....

22. I’ve not listened to it THAT much??

23. drummerAVA

Trusted

TDW was really good IMO... it was nice to get some fresh sounds and ideas in the music again. Tom said it himself, he was just basically getting to a point where he was exhausting and rehashing his ideas, and the inclusion of Ilan Rubin in the songwriting process was a nice change.

Some nice new stylistic changes and grooves...

beachdude42 and NJPunkMusic like this.
  24. jordanjohnson09

Regular

D6A7783B-AEA5-4F89-84B2-040A8C18E6BC.jpeg

wow maybe i’ll actually finally get to see the guy

25. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i reallllly wouldn't count on it