Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 74

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. drummerAVA

Trusted

The Disease just takes me places man...

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Was looking to find a clip of this podcast and stumbled upon these tweets he made in 2016.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Thats so sick that it shows Burr actually took the recommendation.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

5. Dog Fish

Mutt

David Parke likes this.
  6. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

So, what does that deal mean for Tom?

7. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

8. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I'm honestly worried that Tom is in tremendous financial trouble :(

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. drummerAVA

Trusted

Wouldn't surprise me at all honestly... :/

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, there've been rumors about this for years now. I couldn't imagine what about his lifestyle could be running him so hard into the ground, then I realized TTS must be bleeding him.

11. TheJMan

Trusted

People seem to think it means he sold his rights to the blink and AVA songs he wrote for an upfront lump sum pay out meaning he won’t get any future payouts from the songs/albums that get streamed/purchased. Word is he could have gotten anywhere from 10 to 15 million for those rights based on what other artists received from that company in the past.

12. TheJMan

Trusted

I had heard money rumors all the way back in 2009ish before blink got back together the 2nd time. One of my friends that worked in a Hollywood agency called me a few days before the Grammy appearance to tell me he heard blink was getting back together because one of the band members needed money. I asked him for more info but he didn’t have anything else and didn’t know who it was just that was something he overheard in the office (he doesn’t know anything about the band just that I liked them).

13. drummerAVA

Trusted

I mean, as fascinating as some of Tom’s UFO-related stuff is (I’ve always been drawn to a subject myself from a very young age), I expect to see a lot less of it now...

My feeling is, it seems like he’s put a lot of his own time, money, and effort into the subject, and he’s definitely a go big or go home type of guy... the TTSA stuff especially, is a massive undertaking. And he’s made it so confusing and difficult to support to begin with. Unless he has a lot of private endorsements in place, that thing is going nowhere...

I hate to say it, but I think he’s really miscalculated on a lot of this stuff big time... Whatever Tom’s net-worth, alone, was due to all of his success in Blink, relative to his lofty goals and expectations with his UFO disclosure efforts, “building his own advanced craft” or whatever, with TTSA... man, in the aerospace/defense industry, it’s chump change. And how’s he going to get his money back with something like that? Sell it back to the DoD? Like, I don’t see that happening... lol

It just doesn’t add up... I mean, “Earth to Tom!” Like “yeah you’re the freakin’ man, but come on dude. Let’s be real...” I’m just glad to see the last AVA tour went as well as it did, for Tom’s sake.

14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Not too surprised. He left a ridiculously high paying job and started a business that ... does ... what ... ?

You can only sustain a high quality life in CA for so long off merch sales and bundles.

I’m sure we will see more AVA tours and activity if he is indeed hitting some financial troubles. I know it’s his personal life and hardly our business, but it does bum me out and I really really hope everything works out. I’ll always be rooting for him!

15. TheJMan

Trusted

No snark intended here but it must really suck to have what I assume is his dream job, be very successful at it, make millions and millions of dollars and then not be happy doing it anymore so you leave and lose your wife and your best friend in the process.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  16. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

It honestly sucks. My comment was super generic and doesn't consider the details, but I do know he faced some ridiculous personal tribulations on the way. Always rooting for him despite how much he sometimes gets on my nerves!

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Divorces are expensive. I'm sure that's a big part of it.

18. TheJMan

Trusted

Same here. I truly do miss him being a goofball in blink and the chemistry he used to have with Mark. AVA hasn't really done anything for me in like 10 years but I think I might have to give all their albums another listen to see how they hold up. Especially the EPs and Dream Walker since I don't really remember them much but I was pretty upset with Tom when they were released so I was biased listening to them.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  19. Kuri44

Just found out a couple days ago that Underwater (out this Friday) is the third feature film to be directed by William Eubank (first being AVA’s LOVE), pretty cool

20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

oh wow I didn't even put that together

sawhney[rusted]2 and Kuri44 like this.
  21. drummerAVA

Trusted

TDW has some really great stuff on it... definitely give it another chance.

TheJMan likes this.
  22. TheJMan

Trusted

So I just listened to Dream Walker in full for the first time since 2014 or in the very least early January 2015. I enjoyed it for the most part, probably my 3rd favorite album of theirs behind WDNTW and iEmpire. Again though my main criticism is that a lot of the songs are repetitive and kind of forgettable. But that's been my issue with the band since the Love albums dropped. I'm thinking I'll listen to the two EPs that came out in 2015 and 2016.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  23. Kuri44

MRose24 likes this.
  24. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Bummed these dates got pushed but would rather see them when Tom is not sick. At least maybe a new single will be out then. Wonder if this pushes back the album though.

25. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Hoping for a fall release for the record, but who knows at this point?