Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 64

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. drummerAVA

Trusted

Kinda in this boat as well, aside from a few tracks... TDW definitely reignited my interest in a way that needed to happen.

2. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Yeah listening to Kiss and Tell and then Whisper...sounds like they beefed up the drums in a similar way.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

there are people in this thread who'd lose "The Revelator" and "The Flight of Apollo" but keep "Some Origins of Fire" and "All that We Are" around? I know opinions and all but am I listening to different songs than y'all are??

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

We should probably have a Love PT 2 re-vote. @BTDandFeelingThis ...................I know this isn't a priorty, but how about a wait list?

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  5. Linton9488

Regular

The Flight of Apollo is one of my fave AVA songs. Love part one is underrated. Like their entire discography (love part two excluded).

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’d rather not have to listen to the love albums again besides Flight of Apollo and a couple others, please.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

hahahaga

8. Rowan5215

my playlist cos y'all are absolutely buggin out on this one lol

1. Saturday Love
    2. The Flight of Apollo
    3. Anxiety
    4. My Heroine
    5. Moon As My Witness
    6. The Moon-Atomic
    7. The Revelator
    8. One Last Thing
    9. Letters to God Pt. II
    10. Diary

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

Diary is my all time favorite AVA song, but I wouldn't consider that a LOVE song. It was on a separate EP.

I also find the intro to Flight of the Apollo incredibly cringe worthy, and it ruins the song for me.

10. Rowan5215

yeah but that EP was stuff which soundtracked the LOVE movie, right? so "Diary" could be considered part of that whole concept and was made in the same sessions?

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure the Stomping stuff was all completed with Ilan. He joined the band after the Love albums and movie were done.

Rowan5215 and drummerAVA like this.
  12. drummerAVA

Trusted

Yeah technically Diary had some score material and some of Tom’s “yodeling” from Soul Survivor in the mix lol... but as far as I know, the Rubin brothers had a big hand in producing that track. I wouldn’t really consider it apart if the LOVE era either...

13. Rowan5215

huh well TIL, that does explain why it's significantly better than most of the album tracks lol

it's weird that "Diary" and a lot of the LOVE tracks are just chilling side by side on the soundtrack to the movie then, right?

14. Daniel182

Where do you see Diary on the movie soundtrack? If I’m remembering correctly...

February 2010 - Love
    August 2011 - Love movie
    November 2011 - Love Part Two

December 2012 - Stomping (including Diary)

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

I got a rip of the soundtrack from some reddit post - a direct rip from the movie because that's the only way the soundtrack ever got released. It had "Diary"'s instrumental, longer versions of both other Stomping songs and a bunch of other various versions of songs from the LOVE albums. the impression I got was that they released Stomping as a capper to that era consisting of songs they'd made for the soundtrack (hence why they're called "Reel X") but I could be wrong.

16. Daniel182

Interesting. I didn’t realize this. Maybe I’m actually wrong here!

I always thought Diary was the band’s first recording with Ilan on drums.

17. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

This is an unpopular opinion but Dream Walker is easily my least favorite AVA album.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I-Empire is My favorite. But Dream Walker closely follows. I understand how some people aren’t into it though.

19. tssf92

Any mention of when the album will be out? Previously Tom said it’ll come out during or after the tour. So I’m just wondering if we got any updates on how long after the tour it’ll be out. Got a feeling it’s going to be a special album.

20. drummerAVA

Trusted

Last anything was said, album was supposed to be out early next year...

21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

He's mentioned it being early next year but I think more recently said around summer time when they embark on their next big tour and the movie comes out.

22. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

same, curiously it's also the album i anticipated the most in my whole life. i joined an AVA forum, followed Ilan on all social media platforms and listened to his stuff based solely on how hyped i was for the "new, improved AVA" and how every single song on the first four albums left a mark on me (i only really discovered the band in 2014). TDW turned out to be less memorable than the "old rehashed material", as people describe the Love era. i still like it though

23. Kuri44

24. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Watched this a few times already. He seems a lot more humble and human lately which is refreshing. Not constantly calling himself an "artist" is a nice change of pace. It feels like he's discovered apart of himself that even he thought was lost.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  25. Daniel182

This is really interesting. There hasn’t been a whole lot publicly said about AVA’s writing and recording process from 2012 to present, so this is good info to have.