Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 63

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I did a listen-through of all of their albums for the first time in YEARS before I saw them a month ago and realized that The Revelator is an incredibly underrated song. That's one of the best choruses Tom has ever written

2. drummerAVA

Trusted

Young London is still the freakin jam. I remember hearing an old Modlife rip of the main riff before it came out... everyone online thought it was new Blink.

Then on my first run-through of LOVE, the night it dropped, my bro and I were listening... and the latter half of that opening 15 seconds or so, I was like “wait a minute... this is...” then the riff starts and we were both just like “ughhhh YESSSSS.” :crylaugh:

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Young London is one of my favorites. Still play that one pretty regularly.

David Parke and Linton9488 like this.
  4. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I will never forget the night they released LOVE for free download, I was at some place my brother was at, buying herb from his roommate, (Tis my early days of the herb) and just remember getting blitzed and hearing Young London kick in to full gear... I was in one of those crappy gaming chairs using my laptop hooked up to the TV.. So I was like "Im in a spaceship seat!" hahahaha.

5. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I remember laying on my basement floor wit the lights out blasting LOVE part 1 for the first time. I was blown away instantly and it’s still one of my faves.

6. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Heh. I remember listening to LOVE on my flight home from California after Bamboozle. Made me fall asleep, lol. Still find it mostly underwhelming. Few bright spots, though!

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

What has happened lmao so many people like LOVE now?

I remember buying the LOVE 1+2 deluxe pack for like $25 for both the albums and the movie. My buddy and I listened to both all the way through and watched the movie afterwards. Weirdest marathon ever lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

i forgot about the free download! Didn’t that become the most downloaded album ever at the time since it was free?

9. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

The movie was somethin' else... I watched it once and got really depressed and never again since.. Might have to find that again.

10. MRose24

Regular

Tom "claimed" it was downloaded like over 1 Million times over 24 hours, I remember him saying that on a Modlife chat or someshit.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Love pt 1 has always been my favorite AVA release. I was shocked when I first started following this thread and realized people didn’t like it lol.

Linton9488 likes this.
  12. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I just wish Love Pt. 2 was released more as like "Demos for LOVE... not the SECOND part." Cause it felt like demos to me.. except My Heroine... that one is amazing.

Linton9488 and chewbacca110 like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I can take 5 songs from Love and 5 from Love 2 and make a great album.
    On their own they both take a nosedive about halfway through.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Love 1 might be my second favorite after WDNTW. It's tied with I-Empire at least

Linton9488 likes this.
  15. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

I could do without Epic Holiday, Clever Love, Letters to God II, Some Origins of Fire from Love 1.

And Anxiety, Dry your eyes, Revelator, Behold a Pale Horse from Love 2.

16. I bought the set of Love 1 and 2 with the movie, and I listened to most of the songs, but never watched the movie, haha. I don't think I have ever even taken the DVD out of the case, to be honest. And I don't feel like I've missed out on anything, haha. Aside from a small handful of songs between the two, the Love albums aren't good. The only Love-era songs I go back to are "Epic Holiday", "Hallucinations", and "Anxiety." I think I just really don't like Angels and Airwaves... haha.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  17. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

Hallucinations still fires me the fuck up. I spin it relentlessly during march madness.~

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

My Love playlist:

1. Young London
    2. Shove
    3. Epic Holiday
    4. Hallucinations
    5. The Moon Atomic
    6. Some Origins of Fire
    7. Saturday Love
    8. Anxiety
    9. My Heroine
    10. All That We Are

The rest I've barely gone back to in the last 7 years.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. If I had to pick 10 songs, it would probably be close to this list.

20. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I think Love, Parts 1 and 2 are my favorite 2 AVA records tbh.

21. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

Both Love albums are fantastic, I'm also probably one of the few who likes Part 2 even more than the first.

22. Kuri44

I sent that LOVE free download link to every one of my Facebook friends when it came out.

The production on those LOVE albums are top notch. The songs sound so massive and slick

disambigujason and Linton9488 like this.
  23. But you can't polish a turd, am I right?!?!

24. drummerAVA

Trusted

I still find myself missing the drum mix [from WDNTW] on all their following records though... I mean, the production is good on all of them, but the drums sounded so freaking GIGANTIC on Whisper.

In comparison, it’s almost like Atom was hitting a wad of newspapers or something, in Tom’s studio lol.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I like AVA overall but I never need to hear either Love album again