Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 62

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yeah that could be true actually ha

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

No Heart or Hungover You would have been amazing singles. More of a radio crossover potential with Hungover You.

3. ChampsMusic

and I think one day
    and I think one day
    and I think one day
    and I think one day

I’m GUNNA SLIP AWAY

Kross and sonder like this.
  4. ChampsMusic

Eff this is the second time I’ve posted in the wrong thread. Friday please release me.

5. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Still really surprised The War isn't in the set list. Such a good closer.

Watch this all the time haha.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  6. ChampsMusic

Literally the only thing I’m upset about regarding the recent tour. Everything else was great.

Kross likes this.
  7. drummerAVA

Trusted

Heaven’s not a bad closer though either... kinda glad they changed it up this time.

Kross likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Saw AvA Sunday in San Diego. Fun show. Toms still got it. He seemed so happy and that made me happy.

He rambled on for what felt like a good 15 minutes telling childhood stories about him and his brother doing stupid stuff. Then Eric Melvin of NOFX came out on the stage to give Tom a hug. We didn’t get Kiss and Tell or Wolfpack, which was kind of a bummer. Idk if they were suppose to play those songs or not. Or if they cut them bc he talked so long lol.

also. Seeing Matt Rubano use a pick was surreal.

9. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

They cut some songs because Tom was losing his voice. Interesting about Melvin I know him and his wife were friendly with Tom's ex-wife.

"Kiss & Tell" video coming very soon per Matt Rubano's IG story.

10. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I'm happy Tom found a badass bassist. I loved Watcher but when I heard "Rubano" I was like "Oh... well now.."

Kross, MRose24 and David Parke like this.
  11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

really excited for that video just based on the clips we've seen. looks beautifully shot, hoping that lives up haha

Kross likes this.
  12. razorburn

Trusted

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Watching now. He sounds so sick in the interview I was anticipating the vocal performance to be atrocious, but one song in and he still sounds way better than he did years ago.

Kross likes this.
  14. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I think there's a tiny bit of pitch correction, but the man is annunciating and I agree. FAR better than he's been in the past.

Kross likes this.
  15. Kross and arewehavingfunyet like this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That KROQ performance is a very good depiction of how they sounded live last week. It was a great show. Definitely the best I've seen them.

Kross likes this.
  17. drummerAVA

Trusted

It seems like Tom really likes my photo, he’s reposted it twice now lol... I..... :explode:

18. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Oh my god.. ":IHaveAYeadAche" is the funniest fuckin' thing.

sonder likes this.
  19. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

A shame they didn't do kiss and tell. Must've been because he was sick.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I thought the same, but was still very pleased with the setlist they played on there.

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I listened to Love PT 2 twice yesterday and now I want to go back and switch my bracket votes lol. The album FINALLY clicked with me after 10 years lol. I never cared for it and thought it was boring. Now I'm into it.

I think that's because its aged very well (as with the rest of AVA's discography) and my musical tastes have evolved into more new wave/synth driven stuff over time.

22. Kross

Newbie Supporter

It hit me right away, and I liked it, but wasn't in love with it... but the only miss on the album to me now is "We Are All That We Are", despite digging the music.

23. drummerAVA

Trusted

I always thought “All That We Are” got a bad rep for the lyrics... but it’s all very clear to me what it’s talking about, a drug addicted mother getting high while her child is in the next room, in a bad part of town.

Kross likes this.
  24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think "One Last Thing" is my current favorite. The whole "I found one last thing to believe in" gets me.

David Parke, Linton9488 and Kross like this.
  25. Kross

Newbie Supporter

One Last Thing + Revelator are wonderful deep cuts in the discog

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.