Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 60

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mikeydude91

Acoustic versions?

2. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

It was Wishing Well, First Date, I Miss You, Aliens Exist. All acoustic with jokes/stories inbetween.

He also played what sounded like the first few seconds of "Fuck a Dog", but nothing came of it. I may have just been hearing things lol

RyanPm40 and arewehavingfunyet like this.
  4. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Hope someone got video of First Date

5. brendanmachow

not a doctor

I saw one on YouTube.

He somehow played the wrong chords?

6. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

hoping to see Tom say something about checking out the new Blink album today. warmed my heart when they promoted each other a bit back.

David Parke likes this.
  8. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

9. Mikeydude91

He actually kills it on First Date and it looks like hes genuinely enjoying himself

10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Was probably the most excited he's been to sing First Date in a long time lol. He hated playing that one. I'm pretty sure one show he sang the whole song in a wicked deep monotone voice for the fuck of it haha. I tried finding it but couldn't, but did find this lol:

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Oh he despised playing that song in blink. I can't find the vid but he did like a high pitched voice and monster vocals in the same performance once and Mark just shook his head like "fuck this guy" lol.

Edit: oh that's what you posted haha my bad

sawhney[rusted]2 and Donnie Ruth like this.
  12. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Mark looks so done

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I saw them last night and it was a bit of a bummer for someone who only really liked their first two albums. Only 6 WDNTW/I-Empire songs, no Secret Crowds/The War/Call to Arms? Weak.

Songs like the Adventure and Heaven sounded pretty huge though. I got to hear There Is. It was cool how many people sang along to Rebel Girl. Overall worth the $40.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  16. bluecharliedeltaecho Sep 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

Linton9488 likes this.
  17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I mean... they have played the shit out of those first two albums over the years. I think it was really cool because this tour was the first chance fans have had to see something like 7 of the songs they played. I would go as far as to say that the songs they DID choose that weren’t from the first two albums were pretty obvious choices for the most part that actually are pretty memorable songs from their discography.

I would have definitely swapped out Do It For Me Now / Breathe / Heaven for songs like The War / Call to Arms / Secret Crowds, but overall, this was such a great setlist for an AVA fan. The best part was that the crowd at my show last night was suuuper into the two new songs, and even Overload, which I expected almost no one to have a clue about.

Linton9488 and irthesteve like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

19. tssf92

Saw them last night in Detroit. I was surprised how well Tom sang and also how he talked lol he sounded like he did before Blink broke up the first time. Does he just use a deep voice for interviews or something?

drummerAVA likes this.
  20. drummerAVA

Trusted

I’ve noticed that with people that have a “trebly” voice, I think the sheer volume in a live environment just really “amps” their voices up and they sound super high-pitched.

Not really sure of the science behind it, but I’ve felt this way multiple times at Tom gigs, and with other artists as well...

21. Kuri44

I remember meeting Simple Plan at Warped Tour 04 or 05 and being shocked at how deep Pierre’s speaking voice was compared to his singing.

22. tssf92

I guess that could be it. It’s just weird hearing his deeper voice in stuff like “Pursuit of Tone” but when you see him live he sounds exactly how he did on the Mark, Tom, and Travis show live album.

23. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

I'm not 100% sure, but I would bet at least part of that reason is the EQ or other effects that Tom's voice would be going through in a live performance as opposed to just talking in an interview/documentary.

24. drummerAVA

Trusted

Yeah maybe some production involved too. Good point.

25. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I know when I talk it’s deeper, but live on stage when I’m entertaining or excited my voice goes a little higher. Just in everyday life my voice gets higher when excited too.