Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. They haven't played a show in what? Five years? Granted, he was touring pretty much full time with Blink, but still. Nothing since 2012.

2. alaskancurry

I love Tom and I think it's pretty cool all the other stuff he's doing but dammit I just want him to make music full-time again :(

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I give him props for absolutely tearing Trump to shreads on Instagram lately. As much as Tom might be a bit.... out there, he's got good morals still it seems

tdlyon likes this.
  4. devenstonow

Noobie

His Hillary support came in solidarity with Podesta email leaks.

In other news, my I-Empire vinyl I ordered about a year ago from SRC finally shipped yesterday

5. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah if Tom was willing to tour he would have just half assed another blink album and did a tour with them. Tom can always get someone like Brooks to fill in on drums and he could do the guitar and bass stuff on his own and keep putting out 4 track EPs every once and awhile.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Avenged sevenfold tour like crazy, think Brooks wouldnt be available.

TheJMan likes this.
  7. TheJMan

Trusted

Good point, but then again I wonder how long it could take someone like him to lay drums to 4 or 5 tracks. It might take him a day or two.

skurt likes this.
  8. skurt

Good point and AVA tracks would be less complex and not as long as an A7X track so he might be able to squeeze it in. Question is would he even want to?

9. alaskancurry

Ilan still seems to be willing to at least contribute drums. I'm pretty sure he recorded the drums for the Chasing Shadows EP on pretty short notice.

10. Kuri44

Yeah, I could see him still being in it if asked.. just seemed like he really hasn't heard anything from Tom.. Some Tom wannabe replied on there saying my question was "so dumb". Don't really see why given that last I knew Ilan was the drummer, his brother produced the last two EP's and tom said he would be releasing companion music to his novels which he has two coming out in the next 2 months

11. TheJMan

Trusted

I guess it depends on his relationship with Tom and if he wants to get a quick pay day.

12. TheJMan

Trusted

Tom's handling of AVA is so strange to me, even more so than blink.

Kuri44 likes this.
  13. devenstonow

Noobie

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

sure

15. jordanjohnson09

Regular

tom back at it teasing the "acoutic album" on facebook

beachdude42 and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. yaaaaawn

17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe it'll be done for the 15 year anniversary.

18. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

He'll call it the 11th year boner anniversary edition or something to remind people he's still 'funny.'

(I'll still listen to it tbh)

19. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Giving I-Empire a listen for the first time in years - Sirens would have made a pretty good Blink song, probably wouldn't have seemed to out of place on Self Titled.

Ended up giving Love Pt 2 a spin as well - how is it that suddenly the old Tom style of singing makes an appearance on Saturday Love and is never heard from again?

manoverboard365 likes this.
  20. skurt

[​IMG]
    Ilan looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Jason Tate, TheJMan and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Is that a new photo? If so I'd be excited for Tom to be making music again (and for god's sake tour).

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. skurt

He posted it today, but then posted a old one with david matt and ilan right after. So maybe not.

23. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

i can 100% picture Tom locking himself in a "sci-fi room" in his mansion (you just know he has a mansion with a room dedicated to the twisted part of his mind) and spending hours looking at pictures from when he used to make music and have friends like a normal person, then randomly uploading them to his social media just because

meanwhile his wife goes "oh god" to their children, who seem a bit concerned but not really surprised

Jonas turns to Ava and says "has dad gone cuckoo again?", to which the older sister replies "he's really weird"

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I bet he has a 500-1000 sq. ft. room decorated as the surface of Mars, and he walks around in an alien suit

coleslawed and felipecardel like this.