Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 58

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Heron182

Regular

I can’t wait for nine and whatever Tom decides to release in the future both camps are happy all that matters honestly

David Parke and Linton9488 like this.
  2. The Vibe around AVA and this tour is really refreshing.

My best friend and I are coming over to the USA from Australia for a Holiday in two weeks and our last day day over there is the AVA show in LA, which I think is also the last day of the tour, I really can't wait to see them again.

manoverboard365 and sonder like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've been going through the AVA albums for the first time in years to get ready for my show on Friday and I'm actually liking them even MORE than I remembered, I was worried they wouldn't hold up. I'm getting genuinely excited, especially since I've only seen Tom live once, on the 2011 Honda Civic Tour

sonder and Linton9488 like this.
  4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

super excited for this record, bummed Philly sold out so quick so my buddy and I will miss the tour. the resale is just too expensive. hoping the Kiss & Tell video comes out soon with maaaybe album name and release date?? the way he's talked about the album sounds like it's pretty far along.

5. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Anyone know the setlist for the two opening bands?

6. prattsy

Regular

i'm currently in the "they can't possibly have aged as well as I hope" phase. may decide to crush a few at work today though. you've inspired me

tdlyon likes this.
  7. drummerAVA

Trusted

Tom sounded great last night... Kiss With A Spell took me by surprise, definitely worth having in the set + the drum solo after...
    :ok:

Here’s a cool shot of Tom... the spaceman himself!

Attached Files:

8. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

he's charging up his special move.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

he looks like he's doing the move right before they fuse in DBZ

just needs to point his fingers

j0nnymarrzbar and Daniel182 like this.
  10. Ronald.

Trusted

Went to the show in Orlando last night and it was great. The classic songs and older material were very nostalgic, the songs from the newer EP's and Dreamwalker were incredible, and the two new singles got a huge crowd pop and added a ton of energy to an already amazing show. Tom was very funny, seemed genuinely happy to be there, and the crowd went wild for him more than a couple of times. Massive applause at the end of the set.

His solo acoustic songs were the perfect way to honor his musical legacy, and more special than Blink's whole playthrough of Enema IMO. Very cool to see him happy to be up there. I saw him in the reunited Blink twice and this seems much more from the heart.

Kross, BackyardHero11, sonder and 4 others like this.
  11. Barcara Sep 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 11, 2019)
    Barcara

Regular

I know this particular play on words may be a little overdone but...

Is this the Delongaissance?

12. ChampsMusic

Has anyone had VIP? How was it? Were you able to get anything signed?

13. brad4846

Regular

A month or so ago he said it was half done

14. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

New blink is good but honestly...I like new AVA more.

Just hoping Tom can avoid super abstract lyrics like the love albums and get more into relatable lyrics like WDNTW.

Kiss and Tell and Rebel Girl give me hope. They seem a bit more honest and genuine to me than the new blink songs.

15. BackyardHero11

Trusted

saw a notification on here and thought maybe since it was Friday they dropped the new music video haha, blerg haha. haven't dove into new blink yet, probably wait for next Friday.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Saw them in Maryland tonight and it was fantastic. I honestly don't think Tom has ever sounded better and the new songs sounded amazing

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

anyone know if any vinyl has been on sale at the shows? really want The Dream Walker. all I have is WDNTW and I-Empire

18. ChampsMusic

Was there too! Had VIP and the whole show was amazing

tdlyon likes this.
  19. btr

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have set times? Traveling for this on Wednesday

20. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Also wondering this. Ilan just posted New Regime on at 8:45 tonight and that seems late for the opener..I got a 2hr drive home so wondering what time AVA is usually done

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Show starts at 7:30, so I’m going to hate the second band going on at 8:45. I just drove back from VT on 4 hours of sleep after a weekend of drinking and kinda wish I didn’t have Will Call because if they’re not going on until 9:30-10is I’d rather just sell them lol.

22. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

They go on at 9:35 tonight.

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  23. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

They were SO good last night. I cried like a baby during the end of Heaven.

russvanderhoof and David Parke like this.
  24. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I’ve napped, watched zero of my shitty fantasy football team, had a coffee, and now rejuvenated. Lets goooo!

*as I blast NINE on my drive into Boston after a great weekend blasting NINE.

David Parke likes this.
  25. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I’m wearing a black to the stars shirt with a rocket on it if you wanna say hi! Prob standing towards the back or in the balcony cuz I’m old.

Donnie Ruth likes this.