Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 47

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Went in like “it can’t be THAT bad right?” I was wrong, it is so much worse.

YIKES

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

You don't think this is going to make even one of those actually existing people feel validated? What does that mean worry about this existing character, fucked up people can find inspiration and validation in shit like this

3. Kuri44

This is it right here.

johnthegawd and drummerAVA like this.
  4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Even IF you put aside the dangerous and shitty message (which you shouldn’t) the video sucks. I swear to god they used the same shot of the kid over and over and it got old real fast.

I thought the band shots looked fine, I guess. Tom is a dweeb without a guitar.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  5. I'm unable to figure out how this "beating oneself up" description changes anything mentioned so far, or somehow makes it better?

6. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Tom in the early stages of balding like Pete Campbell too huh

7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Okay, this thread got really depressing really fast. Welp.

8. The hand touching the knee being the trigger for him was a huge red flag for me. I wanted to blood to be from a motorcycle crash or something. Man, there were literally a dozen other ways to have gone with this existing footage.

9. https://themuse.jezebel.com/this-angels-airwaves-video-seems-like-an-incel-fantas-1837409000
    The video depicts a boy impeding on a girl’s privacy while she goes on a date with another dude, and then self-harming in apparent retaliation. Since the release of “Rebel Girl” a few hours ago, publications have clocked the video as “ripped from the most sinister subreddits,” possessing a “tired friendzone plotline.” Popular Blink-182 podcast Blink-155 tweeted that the video is “quite possibly the most incel work of art released in 2019.” When reached by Jezebel, a representative for the band declined to comment on the video treatment.

In the four-and-a-half minute long clip, an unnamed girl and a boy named Tommy, both of whom appear to be in their teens, sit on her bed. Tommy is shown completing her homework while she prepares for a date with another guy. When she departs to go off with the “cool guy” on his motorcycle, Tommy reads her diary, where he learns that she thinks of him as her best friend and nothing more. He proceeds to punch himself in the face with both closed fists and a VHS tape, bloodying himself and everything in her room. When she returns, he stands up, dripping, and tells her that he has finished her work.
    Turns out others saw the same stuff ...

sonder, Joe4th, slowheart and 4 others like this.
  10. TheJMan

Trusted

So just watched the video, pretty creepy. Surprised in 2019 that this video would be made.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

It really blows my mind that a bunch of people had to sign off on releasing this (not to mention the people who agreed to make it / finance it to begin with.)

slimfenix182 likes this.
  12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Off the charts tone deafness.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. TheJMan

Trusted

I mean I was half expecting him to pull a locket of her hair out of his pocket and cradle it after he beat himself up along with any other stereotypical Hollywood stalker/serial killer traits.

David Parke and slimfenix182 like this.
  14. broken22

(:

I haven't watched the video yet, I'll watch it tonight.

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah this video was pretty cringy. To echo what others have said, I can't believe all the people they had to run this by that gave it the green light.
    They should've just kept it as a band performance video.

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

It’s not even like this is independently produced. This is on Rise Records.

Maybevictor likes this.
  17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I mean, they also signed off on Makeout's dumbass video which literally shows the lead singer breaking into his ex's house to slut-shame her, so like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Only watched it for about a minute because I wanted to try to see Matt Rubano's playing style with the song (as he is one of my favorite bass players), but turned it off pretty soon after. From what it seems here and in the comments on their FB/IG, it doesn't seem like it's a very good concept...

Dirty Sanchez and Donnie Ruth like this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Well you saw the really bad parts. If you kept going you would have seen the really, really bad parts.

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

What the fuck did I just watch

21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Awful video.

22. broken22

(:

Yeah, the video was pretty bad, but I'm not willing to let myself get worked up over a stupid music video.

drummerAVA and Blink182Bouncer like this.
  23. broken22

(:

The video is practically a shitty low budget movie.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  24. TheJMan

Trusted

So I probably listened to Rebel Girl maybe 5 times in total since it was originally released but the song has been stuck in my head since I watched the music video yesterday. I definitely like it more now then when I originally heard it.

broken22 likes this.
  25. drummerAVA

Trusted

Definitely catchy... one, if not their strongest singles yet, I’d argue... in terms of doing what a single is supposed to do.

It’s stuck in my head constantly.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.