Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 44

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. TheJMan

Trusted

I would be shocked if blink didn't play KROQ this year, they always play the Christmas and Weenie Roast shows when they are touring a new album cycle.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

David Parke likes this.
  3. Dog Fish

Mutt

Preserved Moose likes this.
  4. Fun fact: I believe Belly Up is the venue Blink filmed part of the "Man Overboard" music video at. If it wasn't that video, it was definitely another Blink video. I just got back from eating way too much food at lunch so I'm too lazy to do any fact checking right now, hahaha.

David Parke likes this.
  5. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Did a quick google earth search and the marquee out front def. looks like the one they pull up to at the end of the "Man Overboard" video. I believe it says "FENIX TX" on the marquee in the Man Overboard video too. How the hell did you know this random blink fact?

6. That's right!

I've done a lot of (too much) research... haha

arewehavingfunyet and Daniel182 like this.
  7. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Really wonder how this M&G experience will be. I want to get my Untitled vinyl and Big Blink Bunny signed by Tom. Hoping it’s not like a “hi and bye” type of thing

8. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Just based on the venue size I'd imagine it will be a little more personal than say the blink M&G's at massive amphitheaters..

Based on personal experience it could go either way. First AVA meet and greet I did was in 2006-07ish and they brought us all into a room and the band kinda went down the line saying hi to everyone but then everyone was just hanging out. Tom signed my Macbeth shoe and I got photos with all the members. The 2nd time the band was seated at a table and I think they were signing things but it was a quick hi and bye type situation.

ChampsMusic and TheJMan like this.
  9. the first time i met AVA, there were signs outside that said "ABSOLUTELY NO BLINK MERCH WILL BE SIGNED" haha i thought that was pretty silly... but i've heard that people have gotten Blink stuff signed at AVA meet and greets since then, so I'm sure you'll be fine. It's just a funny story.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

My date didn't have any VIP packages available, presumably because it's a radio show, but I hope there are some sort of Winnable M&G's or something.

11. abear182

Regular

[​IMG]

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Nice, new song in two weeks!

sonder and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Always hated stuff like that. As if AVA would've been anything if he was just some random guy with that as his launching point

14. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Also curious how the M&G goes. I have passes for the NYC show and hope its worth the cash this time becuase the current blink M&G was not worth the $175 I spent. Was barely even able to get an autograph.

15. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I think the AVA M&G is much more worth it because of all the merch in the package, and the show ticket itself is included.

NJPunkMusic and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

As long as I can get a couple things signed I’ll be happy. Tom is the last blinker I need to meet.

17. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I’d imagine you’d get one or two max signed. Did one during I-Empire days and Tom kind of ran around the group signing random things. I was able to snag a quick pic with him. Granted this was years ago.

18. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

The next song is rumored to be called Kiss and Tell according to Reddit. And apparently the song clip can be found from an insta post on 4/30.

Kuri44, TheJMan and Preserved Moose like this.
  19. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

The start of this. I just shazammed it and yeah it says it's kiss and tell. Crazy how people find this stuff out. Hard to judge how it's gonna sound since it's just a beepy intro. I'm just waiting for it to erupt into a recycled riff haha.

20. Noradrenaline

Regular

Expecting a Sahara Hotnights cover album now.

David Parke likes this.
  21. Noradrenaline

Regular

All this AVA hype has made me revisit their music and I fucking love this. Sure, the Love albums are lacking in some regards but I love a lot of the songs on there. WDNTW and I-Empire are fantastic.

WDNTW is so nostalgic. I remember getting my pre-order and listening to it in the car with my dad. He wasn't exactly floored by it but I thought it was so cool. Thinking about it now I think that it was that album that started my love for prog-rock. Not that it's all that prog-rock:y, but it lead me to Pink Floyd and then onwards from there.

sawhney[rusted]2 and Kuri44 like this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I was waiting for the Stranger Things theme to kick in after that clip

23. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

my music taste has changed so much that i have little interest in AvA's discography beyond a good chunk of TDW, but Shove is an amazing track.

24. Kuri44

Shove is amazing/beautiful.

Guitar intro reminds me of Escape by Enrique Iglesias. I always have to start singing that song lol

25. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

The drums on Heaven are some of my favorite.. just thunderous. I like to Imagine Hemsworth Thor kickin' baddies ass and he looks over and Tom is just like "Holy shit... ALIENS!"

russvanderhoof likes this.