Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. I wonder why Tom doesn't tour with AVA anymore. Too busy with aliens, I suppose?

skurt likes this.
  2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

He could make a VIP bundle where they hunt alleyuhhnns together before the show.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah, that sounds pretty good - don't give a fuck about auto-tune

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow, did not realize that AVA hasn't played a show in 4 years

5. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I would honestly consider purchasing a ufo hunt with Tom Delonge. I can only imagine how entertaining it would to listen to everything that would come out of his mouth.

6. skurt

You have to be completely silent while hunting aliens.

7. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Right, sound vibrations and all.

8. skurt

Once you have them baited you are to play soundscapes quietly to relax them, Tom personally uses AVA songs. Explains why he has yet to catch one.

9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'd love if Ava toured again. I really enjoyed them when they toured for Love

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Haven't seen them since the iEmpire cycle. They sounded really good then, even with Tom's voice.
    Crazy that they havent played NYC since 2008.

11. RobbTWYH

daaamn. did not realize that either. He could always move them to the daytime and have them done before the sun goes down so he can go back to UFO hunting???

12. Kuri44

Here some new information of Tom and A.J. Hartley'S upcoming novel "Cathedrals Of Glass: A Planet Of Blood And Ice". I wonder if they'll be releasing a companion EP in February as well.

You can pre-order an advanced readers edition and receive it in later this month here: Cathedrals of Glass

You can also pre-order the novel (to be released in February 21, 2017) and read the synopsis here: Cathedrals of Glass: A Planet of Blood and Ice https://www.amazon.com/dp/1943272263/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Contender likes this.
  13. skurt

A steady flow of terrible books.

14. Horrorca

Trusted

at least this one is not 704 pags long - jesus

who wants to read this...

15. skurt

I feel like all these products are only aimed/marketed at the Tombots and no one outside of them would be into them.

16. Kuri44

I really like Sekret Machines. What didn't you like about it? @skurt

Poet Anderson was a bit cheesy, slow moving (took a long time to set up,), and somewhat more depressing/gloomy than i expected. Things picked up towards the end and I think the second book could be way better with a change of tone or perhaps a different author. Some cool ideas in that story.

17. TheJMan

Trusted

I can't see how there would be a lot of people who weren't already fans of Tom's that would randomly stumble upon one of these books in a book store or Amazon/online and decide to purchase it. I'm sure there's very low if at any advertising for these books outside of social media.

18. devenstonow

Noobie

from the amazon reviews for the first book, it seemed to be considered good among the crowd that's interested in it outside of timbits

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Whats the status of that WWDTW acoustic album? Another project Tom got excited about too quickly and is now not happening?

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably

21. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It's music, so he doesn't care about it. To be honest, Tom treats AvA worse than he treated blink.

22. skurt

He will mostly likely rush finish it and shit it out in time for black Friday/holidays and immediately start promoting a book.

23. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I could see him launch a "WDNTW EP" with 3 redone songs or something.

24. skurt

Exclusive to subscribers...

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  25. Kuri44

Looks like he'll also be releasing a Sekret Machines companion investigation series written with Peter Levenda titled "Sekret Machines: Gods" March 7th. Sekret Machines: Gods: An official investigation of the UFO phenomenon https://www.amazon.com/dp/1943272239/?tag=absolutepunk-20