Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Thanks guys! The lowest for my show are still around $70 so I'll keep waiting it out :thumbup:

2. broken22

(:

I'm definitely going to wait a few or even maybe the month of the show.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Dang. Mine were $52 each including taxes and fees.

4. Daniel182 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

6. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

He's on now.. talking the usual UFO stuff at the moment.

7. Daniel182

Interesting that Tom said they almost got Atom back to play drums for them on the upcoming tour. I thought things have been pretty solid with Ilan for years.

BlackwingE likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Against Me/LJG doesn't have anything planned until October (or HOPEFULLY Riot Fest in September) so Atom would have the time to tour AVA, but then immediately go into AM shows. I am totally cool with Ilan because he is an absolute animal. Does Tom even know how LUCKY he is to have performed and written with nothing but amazing drummers his entire career?

9. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Completely agree with that statement!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

If I was Ilan and heard a comment of Tom trying to get the old drummer back for tour ... I’d be very confused. He pretty much wrote the majority of Tom’s last album and would probably enjoy some tour funds.

Linton9488 likes this.
  11. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Yeah but Ilan plays in like 90 other bands. I'm honestly surprised he's going out with AVA.

12. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

This is true. I forgot how busy he really is!

13. Daniel182

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  14. manoverboard365

Trusted

So the new album is associated with a motion picture.....and the movie still doesn't go into production for another 3 weeks. So does that mean we're not getting this album anytime soon?

15. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Hey everyone, y'all should check out the Blink 182 thread here! It's full of pleasant and coherent thoughts on Tom Delonge and Blink 182!

Linton9488 likes this.
  16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

He said he has something big planned for next summer, so yeah, I assume this Fall tour is just a warm-up for whatever he's doing next year.

17. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

I do expect the album to come out around the time tour starts, and subsequent motion picture to come out next summer and they'll announce a bigger tour to promote everything.

18. David Smith

I would assume Tom never would have ventured out without Ilan (and also DK, now that he’s back)...they needed someone to play bass, so I think when Tom said they thought about bringing Atom along it would have moved Ilan to bass and Atom obviously on drums. Matt Rubano will be cool though, but Atom back would’ve kept it in the AVA family I guess.

David Parke likes this.
  19. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Well they credited Matt Watcher on Rebel Girl.. so I figured we'd have Matt back for tour?

20. I believe that was aggregated metadata from previous releases and not actual credit on the track.

beachdude and coleslawed like this.
  21. razorburn

Trusted

Correct.

22. Kuri44

I noticed on the History Channel App, there is a show called Secrets In The Sky: The Untold Story of Skunk Works, premiering June 9. Anyone know if TTS is behind this one as well?

sonder likes this.
  23. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I was listening to some AVA today. Surprisingly I enjoy more of their stuff now than I did when they initially debuted back in the day. It blows my mind though how much Toms voice changed from early blink to the most recent Rebel Girl song.

24. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Tom's voice is an anomaly. It's not like he strained it too much and can't hit notes. It's that his tonality and annunciation has completely changed. How and why does this happen? I want a doctor to tell me.

JamesMichael likes this.
  25. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I think "trying to learn how to sing properly" is what happened. He was also like 20 years old for early blink and is now what, 44 years old? That's a long time for your voice to stay the same.

Also, to quote the greatest film of all time..."The prognosis on Tom's vocal chords is the same as the prognosis on Tom's penis..."