Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 35

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Listened to Chasing Shadows again today. Still as good as I remember.

2. Mike J May 8, 2019
    (Last edited: May 8, 2019)
    Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

33. It's still a weird thing to say for a guy who was 20-28 years old during their run. I was listening to Thrice when I was 16 til now, but I wouldn't say I grew up with Thrice posters on my wall.

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Love that Tom shouted out Blink and Simple Creatures in a positive manner on his FB vid

chewbacca110, ship90, r0m4n44 and 4 others like this.
  4. Mike J

I know we mock Tom for being perpetually late on things, but the dude released 4 studio records in 5 years, plus a feature film (which was also delayed since he needed Blink tour money to finish it). Such feats deserved more respect than he got. Rediscovering your musical identity in a post-Jerry Finn world was already impossible, but then he found (and lost) Critter, who was AvA's lynchpin and secret sauce. So, I totally understand why Tom has only made one record since 2011. Yeah, part of that is the aerospace mumbo-jumbo, but losing your second muse in 4 years is just brutal.

Rebel Girl 1 / Blame It On My Youth 0

5. Mike J

Well, he's getting paid for two of them so why wouldn't he?

6. Horrorca

Trusted

I think he is constantly up to something - even if many of those things don’t materialize, it’s not for lack of trying

I respect that

plus he has all the right to pursue whatever the (u)f(o) he wants, but I guess people love to complain

go Tom go

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Personally, I really enjoyed his first children's book an irrational amount.

8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Overload is perpetually in my head lmao

David Parke and drummerAVA like this.
  9. drummerAVA

Trusted

One time I heard Overload playing in a Dick’s Sporting Goods... I was like, “wow, random...” lmao

Probably playing through some employees Spotify or something.

David Parke likes this.
  10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Tickets!

11. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Happy for those of you in those cities ... bummed for myself in Boston.

bluecharliedeltaecho likes this.
  12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I'm honestly surprised Boston didn't get a second date or venue upgrade.. it was one of the first to sell out! But I'm also glad I get to see them at Paradise and not HOB or one of the theaters.

13. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

You can set a "price alert email" on stubhub. Put it in the most you're willing to pay for a second market ticket and you will get an email when someone posts a ticket at that price or below. Might be able to score one for close to face as the show gets closer.

David Parke and Donnie Ruth like this.
  14. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I definitely keep tabs on Stubhub starting a month before the show. At this point it's obviously useless lol. Good to know about the alert.

I'm just sad cause I myself have tickets, however, my brother wasn't able to grab them so I'm hoping days before it drops to a reasonable price!

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  15. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Def. wait it out. I was in the same exact boat for the Better Oblivion Brooklyn show and I made the mistake of buying on stubhub early for the additional tickets and could have gotten one cheaper as the show got closer.

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  16. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Definitely used to think Tom was a bit ~*craycray*~, and found his constant rambling about new projects funny but not in a good way.

However, now that he's been able to successfully materialize at least some of those plans, it's nice to see him getting the coverage and success.

17. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I bought BOCC tickets for the Providence show like 3 days before the show cause Boston prices never went down. I HATE general sale ticket buying lol

arewehavingfunyet likes this.
  18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Tom interview from Kerrang

sonder likes this.
  19. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

Same. :tear:

20. drummerAVA

Trusted

Got tickets for a 2nd date... traveling to meet up with my bro and a few other long-time friends and AVA fans for our hometown show.

Super pumped for September!

David Parke and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  21. btr

Trusted Supporter

Contender, beachdude, TheJMan and 6 others like this.
  22. Maverick

Trusted

Tom will always be the musician that changed my life back in the enema days and I’ll always look up to him for that.

His AVA stuff as been hit or miss for me though. The last great song he did was Overload (Surprisingly damn good) but I’m digging “Rebel Girl” it’s growing on me more and more. I hope that album comes out soon!

Same with the new Blink song, almost like both songs exactly the same (skeptical at first, then it grows on me) but i might have to give blink the edge on this one.

Also is it really a giant coincidence that Tom and blink keep releasing music at the same time?

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  23. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

Can anyone tell me how much AVA tix were going for originally? I'm keeping an eye on Stub Hub ticket prices for my local show and want to know if I'm getting a good deal. Thanks in advance ya'll!

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I believe around $40 plus fees.

sonder likes this.
  25. broken22

(:

I believe they were originally 35 bucks for my show, StubHub has them 68 bucks a ticket for my show at the moment.

sonder likes this.