Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Angels and Airwaves Band • Page 159

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by skurt, Apr 5, 2016.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Good for him

DyingGaslight likes this.
  2. Madmod Jun 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2022)
    Madmod

Lurking

Eh he can be both passionate and a money grabber. I'm not sure what it is but but reviewing the financials for ToTheStars left a bad taste in my mouth. Honestly, it just seems he is bad/delusional with money.

3. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Fun drum cam of Ilan from their last tour.

Crisp X and chewbacca110 like this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Thanks for sharing! I could watch Ilan play all day.

5. manoverboard365

Trusted

In case anyone missed it, Tom confirmed on Steve-Os podcast that they’re prepping an AVA live album

6. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Tom gets Blink money regardless, as he’s still a full business partner. That’s why if you recall, there was a MAD scramble to stop the ‘I quit/left’ narrative when he quit, because he misspoke and it could have landed him in a pretty big pickle if Mark and Travis wanted to push it.

But they didn’t, and now Matt is an employee of Blink Inc., and Tom, Mark, and Travis are the heads.

I’m sure his cut is ‘different’ for things he isn’t directly involved in - but he’s still getting paid out for every last Blink show/merch item.

I dug the Steve-o pod, Tom sounds MUCH more sane than he’s sounded in years.

7. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

In fairness, he doesnt sound "as crazy" mow because everything he was saying a few years ago (I'm in top secret meetings with top secret guys, etc) seemed bonkers.... until the government admitted it wasnt bonkers and he was being truthful. I cant imagine how frustrating it was for him to be laughed at, mocked, etc knowing everything he had a lid on. ET stuff isnt my bag, but I'm happy for the accolades and success he has had with this "goose chase".

8. Atticus5143

Trusted

I still think he exaggerates to an extent.

9. Juuuuuust a bit

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Tom appears to be recording with one of the Rubins again, so it looks like we might be getting new AVA sometime in the next 10 years.

11. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Tom please stop making that face. It scares me.

12. Atticus5143

Trusted

Wow i didn’t know Ilan was producing the new blink record

JamesMichael likes this.
  13. Only Tom’s parts, in order for everything to sound as disjointed as possible.

Atticus5143 likes this.
  14. DimeStoreSaint

Regular Supporter

Better than the original and Tom sounds really good here.

15. DimeStoreSaint

Regular Supporter

16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

figured this thread would be more receptive to me saying this than the blink thread: i'm doing a reverse blink-and-interrelated-universes discog run and i just think tom's work since joining up with ilan has been barring a few exceptions really stellar. "parasomnia"!!!

17. brendanmachow

not a doctor

The melodies across that song are beautiful.

18. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

uh also i always heard that the to the stars demo comp was bad but... it's good????

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"new world," "an endless summer," incredibly dope songs, i hope the new blink record sounds like this lol

coleslawed and btr like this.
  20. btr

Trusted Supporter

"An Endless Summer" is sick. Throw some polish on a couple of those songs and they become good DED era tracks.

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’ve always been way more of an AVA fan than Blink-182

NiklePikle and coleslawed like this.
  22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i got into blink with untitled, boxcarracer and the first AVA albums were way more up my alley than the rest of their discog.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  23. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I only really start liking them halfway into their discog when Tom just embraced writing pop songs lol. that said I think there's enough good stuff on the first three albums to make one excellent record. just a lot of shit I can't stand too

Crisp X likes this.
  24. Raku

Regular

I must confess... I didn't get into blink-182 till years after they split up and I think at that point Tom was well into the I-Empire days, but I was so salty about such a cool band breaking up that I refused to give +44 or AvA a chance. Wasn't till blink-182 reunited back in 2009 that I gave them a chance.

There are some misses (the L)VE era especially), but I enjoy the band overall.

25. Juan R

Hey guys/gals! Did anyone here buy and beat/solve the lifeforms mystery game?

I ordered mine when it was on sale for $7, but unfortunately it came without the Photostrip (see image).

RiseRecords was cool enough to ship me just the strip, but since I live in Colombia, it must have gotten lost somewhere in the mail and I have no way of getting a replacement.

Now my question is, how relevant is the Photostrip to beating the game? I've been wanting to play it for so long but have held back due to this. Or is it possible for someone to provide me with a Scan of the photostrip so I can play the game without missing out on anything?

Appreciate it!

Attached Files: